Help identify this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify this

Found it in a box where I put other things belonging to my 87 325e. But i don’t remember ever pulling it out of the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by marsgorski View Post
    Found it in a box where I put other things belonging to my 87 325e. But i don’t remember ever pulling it out of the car

Looks like a ground.

Maybe that would be connected to valve cover bolt. Check YouTube "replace valve cover gasket *YOUR CAR*"

AND see if one of the first steps of unbolting it involves a ground cable like this. I can be wrong as my car is different .

Check alternator connections.
    Check starter connections.
    Does the car have issues running? Does it start at all? need more info please.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sonny; 03-02-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
      Looks like a ground.

Maybe that would be connected to valve cover bolt. Check YouTube "replace valve cover gasket *YOUR CAR*"

AND see if one of the first steps of unbolting it involves a ground cable like this. I can be wrong as my car is different .

Check alternator connections.
      Check starter connections.

Thanks! I will check it out tomorrow.

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
      Does the car have issues running? Does it start at all? need more info please.

It does have issues! But the issues are relatively new (a few months) The connection I found must have been pulled out >4 years ago.

The car starts, but it will immediately shut off (most of the time, specially when it’s cold outside) if I don’t press on the gas. Sometimes it will also shut off while driving. This is a problem I’m trying to figure out at the moment.

I also found this:

Seems to have a button where my thumb is. I thought the number by the BMW logo was a part number (19139682) but I didn’t find any parts with that number on realoem.

Comment

Maybe part of a lock mechanism?
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

It does have issues! But the issues are relatively new (a few months) The connection I found must have been pulled out >4 years ago.

The car starts, but it will immediately shut off (most of the time, specially when it’s cold outside) if I don’t press on the gas. Sometimes it will also shut off while driving. This is a problem I’m trying to figure out at the moment.

I also found this:

Seems to have a button where my thumb is. I thought the number by the BMW logo was a part number (19139682) but I didn’t find any parts with that number on realoem.

Alternator maybe? That or a lock switch,I've yet to check my Bentley manual I'll post photos of the pages later on when I can boss

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Sonny; 03-02-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I also found this:

Central locking door lock microswitch
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Passenger side door lock switch. The 2 is a revision number, if you drop that you get results.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                Central locking door lock microswitch
                Originally posted by Caperix View Post
                Passenger side door lock switch. The 2 is a revision number, if you drop that you get results.
                Thanks! you're correct about this.

Still haven't been able to figure out the wires in the first picture. I saw some videos of people removing the valve cover and I don't see anything like it on there.

I noticed there's a tiny number on the black plastic area, looks like 61311375199 but the numbers are so tiny I may have gotten some of the digits wrong. Nothing turns up on realoem, but I do find something with the number 61311375198. The weird thing is that this part is for an E28, not an E30. It does have some resemblance to the part I have. Does anyone know what a "Contact interior light retarder" does?

Comment

That looks a lot like the door lock heater mount, or the same component on E30s as on the E28 P/N you gave. E30s would be 61311375197 and 61311375200, and I assume it's a delay or auto off system for the interior light. Although no E30 I've had has that feature as best I can recall.

Comment

Working...
                  X