Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Don't etas have a dual mass?
    I don't know about etas, but late model 325i and 318i models had dual mass flywheels.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

I didn't know that. I thought my late model had a single mass FW, because it chatters so much... maybe its just fucked up :rofl:
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Eta's don't have a dual mass.

Just return it.

Comment

Where did you get it from? I was about to buy one online then got cold feet because of this. ebay can be quite shady
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sachs clutch ripoff

I agree with jimmy

wouldn't even install it.

You got a PN? I'll run it through my catalog
            Sorry for the big delay, been crazy busy. The number on the box is
            K70238-01 009
            Thank you for replying

Comment

Sachs clutch ripoff

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Where did you get it from? I was about to buy one online then got cold feet because of this. ebay can be quite shady
              I bought this clutch from Rockauto, so could have com from anywhere. Everything about the box and pressure plate looked legit.
              Sorry for delay.

Comment

Sachs clutch ripoff

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                Contact the seller and tell them. I bought one in 2016 and it had much more then that. So does the valeo i just bought 3 weeks ago.
                Sorry for delay. I sent pics directly to Sachs customer service and no one got excited, of course the person in customer service might not know how to get the seat to go back in his own car, but I was hoping it would raise some eyebrows somewhere. That was a contact in Germany and they gave me a number to call in North America, I got stupid busy and never followed up, but will pursue the issue now.

Comment

Sachs clutch ripoff

Thanks to all for replying, just to clear things up a little, yes the disc on the right is a sprung hub out of my single mass M20 325e. I included it as a reference. I purchased a chromoly single mass conversion flywheel and they said I must run a clutch from an M3, that is how I ended up with the unsprung disc. Hope I can get this resolved, as it was not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    I don't know about etas, but late model 325i and 318i models had dual mass flywheels.
                    My late model 325iS didn't have a dual mass.. and the M20 flywheel that I shaved down for my S52 wasn't a dual mass.. and my clutch disk is sprung.. and sprung is usually for a single mass.. was that a typo? Maybe you meant e36 325i and 318Ti?

Comment

Looked up your part number...

Unless you did a motor or tranny swap with an e36 or z3.... this is not the kit for an e30.

You probably need this one.

Comment

Don't etas have a dual mass?
                        My eta flywheel I bought for my soon-to-happen manual swap is a single mass.

I also bought a new (second hand) Sachs clutch for it. It has a lot more meat than the clutch OP has. Also, it has a white Sachs brand mark/stamp on it. The pressure plate also has a Sachs stamp.
                        Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
                          Looked up your part number...

Unless you did a motor or tranny swap with an e36 or z3.... this is not the kit for an e30.

You probably need this one.
                          https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...3-e30-kf775-01
                          240mm, you could run it in the G260 if you had a 240mm flywheel. I'm running a 240mm with a G260 behind my s52.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Early eta's, pre-87, had single mass. Everything after had dual mass and early i's had dual. Early 528e's had single mass too.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I thought early models had dual mass and late models had single mass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

call up sachs directly and ask them *shrug*
                                Build Threads:
                                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                                X