Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
    No, no z31 hit the nail on the head. Ron Paul doesn't pose a big enough threat. If he was killing it in the polls and making some serious headway it'd be a different story. I personally figure they don't see the need to take any drastic action against him.

Go around to a mall local to you and ask like 50 people if they know if the FED is private or government.

But then again I find they don't need to assassinate people anymore they just destroy them with the media. Or rig elections.
    The idea is that he still has a following no matter the size that follow him and through them his ideas can expand. Radio hosts and lesser known people have been killed. Think of that Alex Jones wacko. He actually has a huge following behind him and yet he is still alive after all that he says even though people like Art Bell are already dead. That is why I posted that Lenin quote. They don't need to destroy a person that is already control.... just food for though becauseIf it's too good to be true, often times it's because it is.

Comment

a radio personality could be assassinated without too much trouble. ron paul is kind of in an awkward middle ground. if he were assassinated it would cause a HUGE up roar. on the other hand, they know he will never be elected to presidency so they just let him be the impotent politician he is.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        a radio personality could be assassinated without too much trouble. ron paul is kind of in an awkward middle ground. if he were assassinated it would cause a HUGE up roar. on the other hand, they know he will never be elected to presidency so they just let him be the impotent politician he is.
        You're probably already all too familiar with what I can think but I'll rest it on this. How hard is it to make it look like an old man like RP geting a heart attack when he rides his bicycle? Remember some other high profile people, John Paul I, JFK, MLK and so on. There are thousands of ways to skin a cat. But please I don't want to derail this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          lol, have you read anything about that guy? he was a bit fucked in the head.

his name is the root word for sadism.
          Most people are a bit fucked in the head...

Comment

"Most people are a bit fucked in the head"
            ~ A Sucked Orange
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fourbanger View Post
              Maybe I'm slow. Which assumption(s) are you referring to?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
              Then he is not omnipotent.
              Is he able, but not willing?
              Then he is malevolent

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Satan is evil, men are evil, they do evil by choice. Satan was created in perfection, with a choice, he was lead away from God by his own pride. Man was created without sin, but was lead away by Satan and the lust of our eyes and hearts. Every evil thing that has ever happened did so in choice. God created us so that we could love him. In order to love you need free will, or choice. Evil would be all but extinguished if all men simply believed and trusted god and CHOSE GOOD in every situation. This world is a battleground between these two forces.

Then he is not omnipotent.

God knows evil, he hates evil. He sets apart his servants to bind, tear down, destroy and condemn ALL evil. The only ones who were ever truly good were Adam(for a short time) and the second Adam Jesus, who did no sin.

Is he able, but not willing?

We are certainly able to poke at Gods name and laugh and spit in his face, again by choice. But if God exists, then who are you to question his will? You cannot listen to someone walking on the floor above you and explain their actions, intentions, will, what they look like. You have no truth, and seek no truth in God, so you will continue to have no truth. God is the only one who knows all truth, everyone else, including me are operating out of a flawed perspective. Pick up a New King James Bible and look at how much God loves man. He wills not that EVEN ONE should perish or even know the pain of sin. It is by your own choices you bring pain and death into your own life, not Gods.

Then he is malevolent

I don't enjoy reading your quotes and faulty wisdom. I pray that your eyes are opened.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
                hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
                And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

"I wonder who got the shit job of scouring the planet for the 15000 species of butterfly or the 8800 species of ant they eventually took on board Noah's Ark. But at least we got a magical rainbow for all their trouble."
                  ~Azura Skye
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                    I don't enjoy reading your quotes and faulty wisdom. I pray that your eyes are opened.

consider the source- quoting Epicurus on God is like quoting Hitler on the Jews.

water off a ducks' back, bro

hth
                    robert w.

Comment

"There seems to be a terrible misunderstanding on the part of a great many people to the effect that when you cease to believe you may cease to behave."

Louis Kronenberger

Pick up a New King James Bible and look at how much God loves man. He wills not that EVEN ONE should perish or even know the pain of sin. It is by your own choices you bring pain and death into your own life, not Gods.
                      Because children dying of dysentery in third world countries totally chose to bring that pain into their own lives

If God were omnipotent he could prevent evil and suffering. Evil and suffering exists, however, so either he does not wish to prevent it or he is not omnipotent. That's all Epicurus was saying. I don't see a third option.
                      Last edited by Fourbanger; 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
                        Was a lowblow to the Athiest's, but makes you wonder..

"Even the devil believes in God, so what does that make you?"

Boonaa Mohammed
                        What exactly does that make you wonder about? I think the joker believes in batman, too.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
                          -Francis Bacon
                          That's kind of an ironic declaration of arrogance for a philosopher to make.

To be an atheist requires an infinitely greater measure of faith than to receive all the great truths which atheism would deny.
                          -Joseph Addison
                          Such as what?
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                            Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
                            ~Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Fourbanger;3092540[B
                              ]"There seems to be a terrible misunderstanding on the part of a great many people to the effect that when you cease to believe you may cease to behave."[/B]
                              Originally posted by Fourbanger;3092540[B

Louis Kronenberger

have you ever believed? if so, you have forgotten that this world is not the most important thing. that is the point those misguided fools who sticker their rides with NOTW are advertising. it is too serious a claim for a window sticker.

Because children dying of dysentery in third world countries totally chose to bring that pain into their own lives

no, you make an unjustified jump of logic. their suffering is not their fault- other sinful men have created the evil the poor live in. all men who can but don't help alleviate that suffering are also guilty of sin.

If God were omnipotent he could prevent evil and suffering. Evil and suffering exists, however, so either he does not wish to prevent it or he is not omnipotent. That's all Epicurus was saying. I don't see a third option.

read more fully, and with an open mind the post above that spells out free will. God truly is not of this world, Satan has dominion here. for whatever reason God put us here to test/prove ourselves. interference on his part would be counter-productive.

that last part makes me a little nervous as i am not worthy to judge Gods' motives or plan. as are none of us. it only represents my personal appreciation.

as a hedonist, Epicurus had to destroy God or suffer cognitive dissonance. of course as an ancient Greek, he knew not Jesus Christ. even the god of hedonism may have been saved.

hth,
                              robert w.

Comment

Speak for yourself, or at least whatever your dogma allows you to say. I'll continue criticizing what is deserving of criticism, namely all that is illogical and immoral in your bible and religion.

Comment

Working...
                                X