No announcement yet.

Miller MAF III (Warning: Pic Heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed this today and I had the same cel and crappy running issue. Check the connecter to the maf. I Had it on upside down. After that everything ran great
    Last edited by var1ant; 09-10-2012, 02:26 PM.
    '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
      I just installed this today and I had the same cel and crapp running issue. Check the connecter dining to the maf. I Had it on upside down. Aft that everything ran great
      I second that!! I just put one on yesterday and you can accidently put the maf plug on upside down because they didnt machine the maf plug quite right and dont say a damn thing about it... it threw a "1221 code= afm signal".... but once you flip it it should be good. My idle is 650 not 750 like I wanted though. need to call Brody.
      sigpic
      A wise man once told me...
      Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

Comment

I'd like some comparisons between a rebuilt M20 AFM + MarkD chip vs. MAF + Miller Chip.

You guys running stock injectors?

Comment

Hey I just installed mine using this guide, idles better than ever at a strong 850 or so, but when you really get on the power, there is a momentary cut-out at about 1600rpm. Do you know what this could be? Thanks!
          1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
          1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
          1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
          ...And a couple others...

Comment

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
            I just installed this today and I had the same cel and crappy running issue. Check the connecter to the maf. I Had it on upside down. After that everything ran great
            Woooord! This is why :p Everything is running great now, I love the throttle response!
            1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
            1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
            1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
            ...And a couple others...

Comment

Old thread but what happens if you go back to stock afm and don't reverse the wires that were spliced on the dme harness?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                Old thread but what happens if you go back to stock afm and don't reverse the wires that were spliced on the dme harness?
                If you haven't already done this maf. SSSquid makes one that is reversible and easier to install.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

I haven't. I had a friend who had this on his car but he put it back to stock , I always wondered if the wiring part had anything to do with the car running lean

Comment

Working...
                  X