!!!e30 help please diagnose!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!e30 help please diagnose!!!

Long story short my 325ix keeps stalling out, rpms won't stay steady and won't idle. This happens on an off till the car stalls and after 10-20 minutes it will start back up. Other notes is I replaced the fuel pump on a hunch, definitely works better than my old pump but didnt resolve the issue. To the point now it won't crank over. I was researching past 3 days and narrow my ideas down to the fuel pressure regulator...(tho I seem to have pressure at the pump and was told these don't fail that often, the crank position sensor is another (being the wire to it cracked and exposed at the sensor mount point) , and lastly maybe the idle control valve or afm are on the fritz. I've learned over the corse of my 3 day nightmare of stalling and tow trucks plus replacing unnecessary parts that its probably a good idea to get my engine diagnosed with a code scanner. This is why I've come to you guy, so hoping someone on here loves e30's enough to lend me a hand; hoping someone has a compadable scanner since it takes a special adaptor. I'm unable to afford towing it anywhere to get diagnosed let alone repaired, it like to get someone familiar with these cars who can de-code my engine and point me in the right direction as far as what Part(s) to buy/replace. After the fuel pump I can't afford to guess anymore.

Maybe someone might also have a spare crank position sensor I could plug in right quick to see if that's the issue. Anyone who can help a fellow e30 enthusiast out during this hard time would be more than appreciated. And I might be able to compensate a little cash for your time. Preferably looking to a kind soul to help me out knowing I'm a month away from a decent holiday check where I could pay it forward in the near future. I'm struggling financially but I'm a gracious guy and don't forget the ones who help when I'm down. I live in kent and the car is parked not drivable in my garage.

Sounds a lot like idle control valve or vacuum leak? GL If you can't figure it out call Karl from Kassel motorsports @253-564-8000

Comment

Pull the ICV out, and wash it out, check the intake boot out.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

hit ICV with hammer with slight force.

Comment

That sounds like an AFM to me. If I was closer I'd swing by and swap parts out for testing purposes.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

thanks a lot you guys, I'll definitely try those two things... and thanks for the ## UDMRacing I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X