• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great price on a rebuilt, I spent more then that on my 4:10

Comment

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
      Great price on a rebuilt, I spent more then that on my 4:10
      Same here. I had my 4.10 LSD rebuilt in Germany and I paid more than $750.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Good price. Do you offer a warranty on it at all?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yes, all rebuilds will carry a one year warranty. I'll update the OP with that info as well.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

when you put it back together, how many teeth do you check the lash on?

ok, so i have a 3.38 ring an pinion that i want installed and set up in my own case. the case i have is really low miles 4.10 torsen out of a z3. i don't think the bearings need to be replaced, but i would like all new seals. i will ship it to you in a crate that will cost me about 60.00 with my fed ex account. you can keep the 4.10 ring and pinion to perhaps help offset the cost a little. you can ship it back to me in my already built crate.

so....basically... tear down, change gear set, replace seals, replace bearings only if they really need it, set up new gearset, and send it back.

can you please work up a price for me on this?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

325IX Love?

Any chance I could ship you the 4.10 VLSD from my IX to rebuild? Or price of one you source to be rebuilt?

Comment

I'm interested in a few months

Originally posted by blunttech
                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                  I'm interested in a few months
                  X2

I think this is a great price for what you get. I'd get one just as a spare.

Comment

New ring gear bolts?
                    New cap bolts?
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      can you please work up a price for me on this?
                      Originally posted by joeym215 View Post
                      Any chance I could ship you the 4.10 VLSD from my IX to rebuild? Or price of one you source to be rebuilt?

I'll PM you guys with the answers to those questions as soon as I get them.

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                      New ring gear bolts?
                      New cap bolts?
                      If by cap bolts you're talking about the eight 6mm hex bolts, yes, those are typically replaced as part of the process. The newly installed ones are deeper to prevent them from rounding as easily as the shallow factory ones are prone to do. We simply reused mine since they came out and went back in without any drama.

Unless the ring gear is being swapped, I don't believe there's any point in removing and replacing the ten bolts that hold it. Though if you like, I'll be happy to confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post

If by cap bolts you're talking about the eight 6mm hex bolts, yes, those are typically replaced as part of the process. The newly installed ones are deeper to prevent them from rounding as easily as the shallow factory ones are prone to do.
                        Could it also be because you can buy the deeper socket ones from McMaster-Carr cheaply, while the OEM pieces are NLA?

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        Unless the ring gear is being swapped, I don't believe there's any point in removing and replacing the ten bolts that hold it. Though if you like, I'll be happy to confirm that.
                        I believe there is a very big point, when one of the most common diff failures I come across is caused by the bolts backing out. BMW even replaced the part number with the version that has the serrated underside.

Might be worth it as a preventative option for your customers. Good luck.
                        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Could it also be because you can buy the deeper socket ones from McMaster-Carr cheaply, while the OEM pieces are NLA?
                          It very well could be. I don't know where the replacements are being sourced, but I'll find out if you like.

I believe there is a very big point, when one of the most common diff failures I come across is caused by the bolts backing out. BMW even replaced the part number with the version that has the serrated underside.

Might be worth it as a preventative option for your customers. Good luck.
                          I'm not the factory-trained tech with more than four decades experience who's actually doing the work, so I'll once again defer to him on whether or not this is something that's included, and find out for you. Thanks for your input.
                          Last edited by agent; 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

In addition to the 3.73 LSD, there is now a 3.25 LSD also available.

Feel free to PM me to discuss additional options and services.

Comment

I wish I could afford this right now. The 3.25 would be perfect for my M30 swap

Comment

The 3.25 LSD is pending sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X