1988 325is Alpineweiss II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Let me know if the embedded YouTube videos in my last post are not working. They show up for me on Tapatalk, but not when I use safari browser on my phone.
    Not working, I dont think embedding works anymore on this site.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, posted links instead.

Comment

I think I found my problem yesterday. I removed the little line that goes from the fpr to the nipple on the intake. I believe this is the cold start vale?? Someone please enlighten me. Anyways, pulled that off and plugged the nipple with my finger and it ran like a champ, then noticed gasoline flowing from that line. I did this a few times and each time the car also immediately died when I put the hose back into the nipple. This means a faulty fpr, which is most likely causing my erratic idle as well as explains why there was a ton of shit inside my intake when I removed it and cleaned it. Can anyone confirm this to be true?
        Last edited by mbonanni; 06-22-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Been slacking on updating this, car is on the ground. Rear is going to get lowered a bit and the front is going to go up a tad. Couple more things before I take her for a drive. [emoji1591]

Comment

Drove her up/down the street today. I need an alignment, but first to mess with the ride height.. Is there a general rule of thumb how far to thread outer tie rods on? I really wasn’t sure what to do so I just bottomed them out then reversed each side 6 full rotations.

Same pic different location.

Comment

one easy diy alignment until you get a real alignment is to take 2 tape measures and put on in front of the wheel and one behind the wheel.
              with the steering wheel straight adjust the tie rods to get the numbers on the tape measure to be the same which will give you zero toe
              you can do it with out this tool to just ballpark.

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

I’m not too concerned about the alignment as I’ve got a place less than a mile from my house and I don’t plan to drive it much without getting that done. I guess my question is how far should I screw on the outer tie rods. I bought the e46 steering rack with the inners already installed and have to thread on the outers separately.

Comment

Working...
                X