Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	7198027Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_112011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	7198028

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

[ATTACH]124147[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124149[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124150[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124151[/ATTACH]

Comment

1959 Giulietta Sprint Veloce.
        I like the way this car sits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	582afe7741d_hd_1959-alfa-romeo-giulietta-sprint-coupe.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	7198185

Name:	584c652296d_hd_1959-alfa-romeo-giulietta-sprint-coupe.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7198186

Name:	581af98a386_hd_1959-alfa-romeo-giulietta-sprint-coupe.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	7198187

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          1959 Giulietta Sprint Veloce.
          I like the way this car sits.

[ATTACH]124252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124253[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124254[/ATTACH]
          I do as well. Mine should sit about the same with the engine in it. (I seriously need to get back to work on it. Perhaps I can find some time this month.)

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

My current status hasn't changed much.
            (Note new rear axle sitting on the floor, yellow springs, no front suspension, Webers in a cardboard box, as well as an E30 transmission waiting it's turn)

Name:	Duetto.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	7198211

Comment

damn kids and family taking up all your car time!
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

And now it's getting cold out there!

Every time I get thinking I can start again, one of the other cars f's up and I'm under it trying to learn how to fix it. Thank gawd for forums and helpful people who know what they're doing!

Comment

This is me at Pacific Raceway in the Fall Finale race a couple months ago. Exiting turn 9 to enter the straight. Grandstands in the background. Rainclouds above.

Name:	fall finale 2018.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	7198253
                  '91 325i

Comment

Thats an awesome pic Nader!... DP, so you have something between a 1600-2000cc motor? Any Datsun Roadsters in your group?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks, Simon. I'm running a 1750 cc engine.

There is, in fact, just one very modified 2L Roadster that's pretty quick. Big flares, lightweight with lots of fiberglass panels. But the owner hasn't brought it out in a while since he got hold of an old Sunny with significant SCCA history.
                      '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                        Thanks, Simon. I'm running a 1750 cc engine.

There is, in fact, just one very modified 2L Roadster that's pretty quick. Big flares, lightweight with lots of fiberglass panels. But the owner hasn't brought it out in a while since he got hold of an old Sunny with significant SCCA history.
                        Who's is it? I'm only aware of two roadster race cars in the PNW, the Purple Lips Racing lightweight, and Paul Jeremco's black 68 2L out of Spokane or Yakima (I can't remember, I think its Spokane.) There are a couple 1600s up there, but I'm not sure they get out much.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          Who's is it? I'm only aware of two roadster race cars in the PNW, the Purple Lips Racing lightweight, and Paul Jeremco's black 68 2L out of Spokane or Yakima (I can't remember, I think its Spokane.) There are a couple 1600s up there, but I'm not sure they get out much.

Will
                          Jaremko hasn't raced in a while. The matte green flared Roadster belongs to Leavitt. But like I said, he seems preoccupied with other cars.

Hey, isn't this an Alfa thread? Let's get back "on track," heh heh.

Some details of the modified sliding block I installed in my race car a few years ago. I fabricated the bracket to mount the sliding block's peg on the diff housing. I also made a titanium trailing arm for the diff that mounts directly to a reinforced rear bulkhead.

Name:	IMG_3035.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	7198258

Name:	IMG_3039.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	7198259

Name:	IMG_2602.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	7198260
                          '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                            Jaremko hasn't raced in a while. The matte green flared Roadster belongs to Leavitt. But like I said, he seems preoccupied with other cars.

Hey, isn't this an Alfa thread? Let's get back "on track," heh heh.

Some details of the modified sliding block I installed in my race car a few years ago. I fabricated the bracket to mount the sliding block's peg on the diff housing. I also made a titanium trailing arm for the diff that mounts directly to a reinforced rear bulkhead.

[ATTACH]124385[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124387[/ATTACH]
                            Jaremco's son stuffed his 240 into the wall at Monterey this year. He had been having brake issues all week, and going into 10, no more brakes.

A real Autodelta sliding block. I don't even want to know what that set you back. Nice setup.

Back to Alfas, I've been pondering what to do about a clutch and flywheel. Since I'm running a hot 1750 in the Sprint, and a 105 series 5 spd, I still have to run a mechanical clutch. I have a choice to run either a smaller 101 series flywheel and clutch or the larger 1750 one. I kinda want to run an aluminum 1300 flywheel and clutch since it will be lighter and more willing to rev quickly. (and possibly act more like a 1300 requiring a few more revs to get it off the line. ) I've got an old Spruel aluminum flywheel, but the ring gear is chipped and they don't make ring gears for the flywheel anymore. I'll also need a starter, and before I get the starter (thinking gear reduction type) I'll need to decide on the flywheel. Any suggestions?

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              Jaremco's son stuffed his 240 into the wall at Monterey this year. He had been having brake issues all week, and going into 10, no more brakes.

A real Autodelta sliding block. I don't even want to know what that set you back. Nice setup.

Back to Alfas, I've been pondering what to do about a clutch and flywheel. Since I'm running a hot 1750 in the Sprint, and a 105 series 5 spd, I still have to run a mechanical clutch. I have a choice to run either a smaller 101 series flywheel and clutch or the larger 1750 one. I kinda want to run an aluminum 1300 flywheel and clutch since it will be lighter and more willing to rev quickly. (and possibly act more like a 1300 requiring a few more revs to get it off the line. ) I've got an old Spruel aluminum flywheel, but the ring gear is chipped and they don't make ring gears for the flywheel anymore. I'll also need a starter, and before I get the starter (thinking gear reduction type) I'll need to decide on the flywheel. Any suggestions?

Will
                              No, not an original. I got lucky and bought a good casting of an original. Then I took it to a foundry in Seattle to get it heat-treated. Had to face it, drill it for bolt holes, etc. Lots of nerve-wracking work, many hours spent. Never had to use the trunnion bar since I mounted the trailing arm directly to the rear bulkhead.

Name:	IMG_2756.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	7198261

Name:	IMG_2933.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	7198262

Name:	IMG_2934.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	7198263

As for your clutch issue, I'd run a 1750 setup, because that's all I know. Multiple options from stock to full race, and guaranteed to handle the torque. Stock Bosch starters for it are already gear-reduction.
                              '91 325i

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize there were castings done like that. Very cool.

The engine I have appears to have been built using most of the Shankle catalog from back in the day. Its got 8L cams, a ported head, and I'm not sure what else internally It was balanced and blueprinted, but I can't read the paperwork on it (the ink has faded.) Its an older build, but the guy I got it from says it ran great. (He's trustworthy, so I'm going to take him on his word.) Apparently it made no power below 4k and would pull 8K easy. (A bit like a 1300 Veloce engine). Apparently it dyno'd at 160 hp. Should be pretty fun.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X