Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recomend me a turbo-m52b28 swapped track car

Hey guys,

I am so nearly at the point where I can fire up my car, but I have run into a pretty large snag this weekend. I have an HY35 that I was planning on using. I welded shut the wastegate flap for external use, built a downpipe for it, and fully converted it to studs for my good n tight manifold.

Turns out however, that one of the studs sits close enough to the side of the turbo that a nut just cannot be threaded onto it. I am working on a hopeful solution to that, but we shall see.

So, that being said I am starting to consider other options if this doesn't work for me. The goal is a weekend/track car making 350-400 to the wheels. I am more interested in a quick spool then large dyno numbers. My car is completely gutted, roll bar, seats/harnesses, cut out spare tire well, fuel surge tank in the trunk, and will eventually have full aero (splitter and wing) as well as fender flares.

Is there something else budget minded I should be looking at? That is why I went with the HY35 originally, as well as it was recommended as spooling very quickly.

For budget, quick spool, and for your power range I'd recommend the S252SX-E. They work best in TS but will work just fine on your open scroll T3 setup. They use the EFR billet comp wheel. Full-race also has them on sale right now for $599. You'll need to buy a turbine housing separate, though, as full race only carries divided housings for that super core (to my knowledge).

If budget goes out the window a DBB GTX3076 or 3576 would be primo, but that's $$$.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

+1 on a s252sx-e or even a s257.

AGP turbo has their own line of turbine housings for them so you pretty much have any option you want. T3, t4, open, divided in a bunch of different A/R.

I run the s362 SXE on my m52 and love it
      www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I will look into those options.

Comment

Looks like I for sure need a new turbo. What compressor/turbine trim should I be looking at? Being that the options suggested so far need to be matched to a turbine housing as well, I am considering biting the bullet for the gtx3076...At this point my car is a money pit and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it, so maybe it will be worth it.

Since AGP turbine housing's were mentioned, does anyone have any thoughts on their complete turbos? I am looking at their Z2 5757E with the dual ball bearing center as it's the same cost as the gtx3076 without a turbine housing. specs look nearly the same as well. I haven't been able to find anyone besides neon owners running AGP turbos that being said.
          AGP Turbochargers, Inc. founded 2002, best pricing and service for all your Borg Warner, Precision, and Garrett Turbos. Including installation parts such as flanges, gaskets, tubing, and silicone.
          Last edited by haaken675; 01-10-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I run a BW S257SXE with AGP Turbo's 0.82 T3 turbine housing on a stock CR M52.
            I can't give much of a review on how it runs because I'm still struggling with tuning MS41 and finding time to fix other problems. No complaints about the turbo, beautiful piece.

Re: AGP housing, it's a nice part. No complaints about quality, but the 3" V-bands and clamps I have are a little too large. I would spend the extra $35 and buy the flange/clamp from them (I'll probably do this at some point...)
            It might be a cheaper option to use a T4 manifold, BW turbine housing, and marmon flange/clamp if you don't already have a manifold. Twin scroll would also be an option this way.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
            X