H&R cup kit for 325i convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R cup kit for 325i convertible

I have a 1990 325i convertible and i’m looking to lower it pretty substantially. i wouldn’t quite say i want to “slam” it but i definitely want it be tucking a bit of tire in the front and back. Something about low convertibles has always been cool to me, anyway don’t want to deal with the welding for coilovers, and i saw that apparently the h&r cup kit goes pretty low. Is this only for the coupes/sedans though? i was looking at the kits on turner motorsport and it says that the h&r cup kit lowers it 2.1 inches up front and 1.7 inches in the back, but i’m pretty sure that’s not for the convertible. i see a seperate one for the convertible that says it lowers it 1.7 inches up front and .75 inches in the back. i’m not sure if that’s low enough haha. can anyone tell me how low my vert will be with this kit? if anyone’s running this in a vert, pictures would be appreciated as well as other ways to lower my vert a decent amount.

also: i’m curious as to why are lowering springs/struts different for convertibles than for coupes and sedans?

Don’t buy the cup kit. It’s garbage.

The only thing different about coupe/sedan and vert springs are the spring rates. You can interchange the springs with a coupe and vert.

A coupe spring would make a vert sit lower than a designated vert spring

If you want low that actually handles somewhat, get coilovers, or bag it

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
      Don’t buy the cup kit. It’s garbage.

The only thing different about coupe/sedan and vert springs are the spring rates. You can interchange the springs with a coupe and vert.

A coupe spring would make a vert sit lower than a designated vert spring

If you want low that actually handles somewhat, get coilovers, or bag it
      so if the springs are interchangeable, i could run bilstein shocks and then h&r springs meant for a coupe and i’ll sit a little lower than if i bought the vert specific springs without any problems? or could i just buy a whole kit meant for a coupe and it would fit with only spring rates being different?
      Last edited by e30_mike; 01-26-2019, 06:36 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

Yes,

Remove the spring pads too if you want a little more low too,

Add e90 drop bags in the front and you’ve lowered the from by almost half an inch.

But the lower you go the stiffer you need to be, otherwise you could possibly get a bouncy and jarring ride.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
        X