Cost of Full Respray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Full Respray?

I am looking for a rust free sedan that would then likely have a full respray. For those who have had similar work done, or who do such work, what should I expect to pay for high-quality work? I am in Nashville but open to travelling to have the work done.

That's a really open ended question. I always tell my customers, budget a minimum of $10k (body and paint work only, any replacement parts on the car will be additional) and watch it spiral from there.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This is my fear... I know it is a ton of work.. I appreciate the effort, skill, resources, product needed... But fahk. Tough to say, "OK, sign me up for the few months of mortgage payments worth of bodywork".
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
        That's a really open ended question. I always tell my customers, budget a minimum of $10k (body and paint work only, any replacement parts on the car will be additional) and watch it spiral from there.

Even more than I expected, but maybe someday ... I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Lots!

Go have a chat with some panel beaters. If you are handy you can dissassemble yourself (to their spec) and reassemble yourself. Evn though it is closed door you still wsmt to remove bumpers, lights some trim etc.

Then they just need to prep the outside, mask and paint. You just need to be very clear what you are doing and what they are doing.

Comment

I have gotten several quotes on my build ( NY, NJ ) They all started around the 6k mark to 10k .

I am doing a complete glass out respray to OEM color ( no color change ) I am removing everything myself except the glass and will have the bodyshop re install the glass with all new seal. They will be removing some minor dent and getting the body ready.

Comment

I appreciate these details. Thank you

Originally posted by didithepest View Post
              I have gotten several quotes on my build ( NY, NJ ) They all started around the 6k mark to 10k .

I am doing a complete glass out respray to OEM color ( no color change ) I am removing everything myself except the glass and will have the bodyshop re install the glass with all new seal. They will be removing some minor dent and getting the body ready.

Comment

Originally posted by didithepest View Post

Remove the glass yourself, too. It’s easy on an E30 and you’ll save a bunch of money.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I was quoted $2,000 as a long as I did the prep work.
                  My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Prep work is vital portion to a good paint job.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

ill tell you this, I resprayed my new car (6k miles on Odo with 0 dents or body work. All it was was remove everything and disassemble all and then assemble everything. Nothing was broken during disassembly.
                      Cost was 7600$
                      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                      1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                      (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                      1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                      2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Working...
                      X