Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best of the currently-on-ebay (cheap) M50 swap headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of the currently-on-ebay (cheap) M50 swap headers?

They all look more or less the same, but I know some of you have tried specific ones that fit better than others for the M50 into e30 swap. Search turns up a lot of references to the "supersprint copy" one, but not entirely sure which one that is (and would rather not buy an actual supersprint).

Anyhow, if anyone has a link to a specific one that you personally know has the right clearances for the swap, it would be much appreciated.

I'm going to assume that the beefy e34 cast manifold and downpipe that are coming with my engine are NOT going to have appropriate clearance.
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-89-96-B....c100005.m1851

These are the ones that I bought for my m52b28 swapped e30. There was some beating to get them to fit over the crossmember.

I know when I was looking, make sure that the type of metal used is good and that then thickness is good as well.

The above link is a seller that I saw others mention as well.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

“Speed daddy” is what I use on the cars I assemble. More reasonably priced than the rice-land headers and you can still run a stock style CAB, without fitment issues, unlike the RL units. They do have the occasional fitment issue, which is to be expected for the price.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
      X