Making a Convertible 1 to 1 1/2" lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a Convertible 1 to 1 1/2" lower

Lets just say you wanted to lower the car (a 91 or 92 325) and have a stock "ride"
    What would you need to do?
    I am in the process of buying one car or the other....
    BMWCCA 12660

Originally posted by DOC-K View Post
    Lets just say you wanted to lower the car (a 91 or 92 325) and have a stock "ride"
    What would you need to do?
    I am in the process of buying one car or the other....
    H&R sport springs with Koni orange or Bilstein shocks is you’re best bet.

Comment

Assuming you are refering to the b6 or b8, there is a Few dollars in shocks. if he just wants the same ride quality i would be looking at the H & R or similar with the bisltein B4s if you are just looking for lower and oem ride and handling which might suit your convertible and its use.

Someone around here recently did a write up on installing them and they were impressed with the setup for the price. B4 shocks are really cheap.

No doubt the bilstein b6/b8 will be better performance wise, but the cost and harsh ride might not be suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        Assuming you are refering to the b6 or b8, there is a Few dollars in shocks. if he just wants the same ride quality i would be looking at the H & R or similar with the bisltein B4s if you are just looking for lower and oem ride and handling which might suit your convertible and its use.

Someone around here recently did a write up on installing them and they were impressed with the setup for the price. B4 shocks are really cheap.

No doubt the bilstein b6/b8 will be better performance wise, but the cost and harsh ride might not be suitable.
        Yes I was implying the b4 Bilstein’s, I put those and the Koni orange in the same category, with the b6/b8 and Koni Yellow’s matching up together in performance.

Comment

I would suggest M3 springs as a good option with Koni adjustablei struts/shocks as a nice combo. You can run drop hats in front if you need to.
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X