No announcement yet.

OMG's Personal S54 Build :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a heavy hit of nostalgia seeing the plastic welding with the screw driver. I used to do that with my toys using a butter knife and the stove when I was a kid.
    My mom would get angry at me and finally designated a single knife for me for whenever I would need to do it again.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      Got a heavy hit of nostalgia seeing the plastic welding with the screw driver. I used to do that with my toys using a butter knife and the stove when I was a kid.
      My mom would get angry at me and finally designated a single knife for me for whenever I would need to do it again.
      lol, that is a good mom. some parents would just yell at their kids vs giving them a healthy option like a single butter knife to use. :D

Comment

Having a strange charging issue.

Upon start I see about 11v output and then within 3 seconds climbs to 13v. At the battery I see approximately 13.15v.

The alternator is new (not a reman) and I've checked my grounds plus resistance.

- Chassis to engine
        - Chassis to specific points on the block (tstat housing, cylinder head, and alternator)

All read 0.0.

I swapped my battery for another good one that had about 12.14v which didn't change anything. I think it could be the alternator. Unplugging the exciter connector drops voltage to 11v.

I reached out to Andrew to ask him how the battery indicator works since the ECU on mss54 receives the signal from the alternator to make sure that circuit doesn't have any breaks... just dont know where to look.

Any other suggestions?
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Figured it out...

Ended up being dirty/corroded ends on the ground strap! I forgot that I cleaned the lugs and the nuts but not the strap itself. Simple problem... moving on to the rest of the damn thing.

FYI it took me all day to get to the bottom of this. Sigh at least I got it.

Comment

Nice work!

Can you inform me about the cluster swap with 9.000rpm?

Comment

Originally posted by vasilis m3 View Post
              Nice work!

Can you inform me about the cluster swap with 9.000rpm?
              Thank you!

I sent it out to e30_dad for a complete once over.

19K Followers, 1,416 Posts - Your #1 customer direct full service repair & customization for BMW E30 clusters & analog clocks.Email: bimmerhead1@gmail.com US Ships Worldwide

Really great guy to deal with :up:

Comment

Some updates!

I've been busy integrating the following:

E46 A/C Pressure Sensor
                E46 PWM Fan Control
                E46 Coolant Temp (inline with lower rad hose)
                E46 A/C Control

E46 PWM module wired up:

Preliminary bracket to mount it... nice and simple:

Put a little rubber foot on the bolt as a stop as well as a barrier between the core support and the metal.

Andddd mounted!

Had to run a bunch more wires...

A bit less scary and at some point I think I will try to better organize this but in the interest of time it is what it is:

Last but not least I finally started to fab up the exhaust:

Comment

Nice!

I too hate the rats nest. So much can be shortened. It is not fun putting the glovebox cover back on with all that up there. R3V3MUP hopefully posts pics of his someday with his Deutsch wiring at the firewall.

Good job on the AC wiring too!

Ready to upgrade to a Teves MK60 ABS unit? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    Nice!

I too hate the rats nest. So much can be shortened. It is not fun putting the glovebox cover back on with all that up there. R3V3MUP hopefully posts pics of his someday with his Deutsch wiring at the firewall.

Good job on the AC wiring too!

Ready to upgrade to a Teves MK60 ABS unit? ;-)
                    Ha! I think the wiring in the cabin could be better for sure.

I think its awesome that you're integrating traction control but I am a big fan of just having ABS. I like how raw the car is without having any safety nets. I want to feel like the car will kill me LOL. It's what I love about the experience!

Comment

^What is cool is you have levels of TC available (if using the motorsport coded MK60). I mainly want it for around town and wet, but of course DSC and ASC will be off for the track.

Comment

I hate to say but I'm still not sold haha!

Don't get me wrong I think its bad ass to bring the car into the 21 century.

Comment

How about this? ;-)

Why did the E46 M3 CSL do so well at Nürburgring? Not because of the overweight and under powered car, but because of the MK60 and it's tune.

At a minimum you gain far superior 4 channel ABS that "learns". Luckily the wiring is easy as you can buy a standalone wiring harness if you don't want the DSC/ASC, the hardest is making new lines, which really isn't bad.

Comment

This an outstanding build OP. Love seeing the first start videos of people's pride and joy

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              How about this? ;-)

Why did the E46 M3 CSL do so well at Nürburgring? Not because of the overweight and under powered car, but because of the MK60 and it's tune.

At a minimum you gain far superior 4 channel ABS that "learns". Luckily the wiring is easy as you can buy a standalone wiring harness if you don't want the DSC/ASC, the hardest is making new lines, which really isn't bad.
                              When you put it that way of course it would be wise to do so! I'm just on a time crunch and really need to get this car up and running on its own power. It would certainly be something I'd pursue in the future.

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                              This an outstanding build OP. Love seeing the first start videos of people's pride and joy
                              Thank you man! The exhaust should be done by this weekend and maybe even a first DRIVE video will pop up ;D

Comment

Components:

2 x Flow Master 2.25 in/out
                                4 x 2.25" Vband Assemblies
                                2 x Magnaflow 10415 Mufflers 2.25" in/out
                                1 x Y Pipe 2.25" In/3" out
                                1 x Vibrant 1047

All material 304 Stainless Steel.

I'm basically done! Just need to top off fluids and get test drive it :D

Comment

Working...
                                X