No announcement yet.

Raceland Long Tube Header Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My work has a waterjet cutter so I will try to have somehting made but it will incoporate a dual hole sway bar mount like the UUC and not the OEM with the slip in tab on the front of the mount like the Bimmerworld one...
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

some pics of my install

clears the Motor mount with no issues. I shimmed the mount like 1/4in

Just bearly clears the zf trans. I can imagine this being the same tolerance on an e36 too

Shimming the mounts helped it clear the subframe. Not so much for the sway bar. Then out came the hammer to clearance it a bit.
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

^^ Nice - I am going to shim mine tonight. My downtube hitting the ZF case is from it also resting on the subframe. It was not contacting the tranny before I placed the engine.

Did you shim both sides, and what fcabs are you using....THR?
        Originally posted by blunttech
        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

yes THR cabs and both sides are shimmed
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

I saw a thread recently with the new version where the stock CABs still fit.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
              I saw a thread recently with the new version where the stock CABs still fit.
              I read this too. Mine clears the fcab but just barely. It's so close I think it's going to be too hot for the bushing.

I'm thinking I've got an old set

Comment

I forgot 1 picture. here is my header/THR cab clearance. I think the OEM on will be close but still may fit. Hope it helps
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                  I forgot 1 picture. here is my header/THR cab clearance. I think the OEM on will be close but still may fit. Hope it helps
                  Thanks for all the pics. After looking how tight everything is I am wondering if the 4 piece Racelands are a better bet for ease of fitment. Seem to be very similar in flow but without the huge flange sticking out so low. I'm also thinking they maybe easier to bend since all the tubes are not tied together.

No free lunch on making these fit either way.

Comment

yeah the shorties may be the easiest way to go. If I were to do it again.
                    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing. Long tubes would better suit the motor I suppose, but it won't make much difference and will definitely ease fitment.
                      I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

What are the threaded holes with right angle brackets that are welded to the top of each downtube (just after the mounting flange) for?
                        1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                        Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

I havent figured that out. they are threaded through to the runners so I was thinking some type of smog tree? or maybe a heatshield but I dont know why you can see all the way through to the runners, so I just welded them up
                          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                            I havent figured that out. they are threaded through to the runners so I was thinking some type of smog tree? or maybe a heatshield but I dont know why you can see all the way through to the runners, so I just welded them up
                            I got mine in today and can't figure out what they are. I called Raceland and the guy I spoke to didn't know either. I'm going to call back and talk to someone who does know what they are.
                            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

i just threaded all of mine with a bolt!
                              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                                I got mine in today and can't figure out what they are. I called Raceland and the guy I spoke to didn't know either. I'm going to call back and talk to someone who does know what they are.
                                They need to be manufactured without them.

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                                i just threaded all of mine with a bolt!
                                I did this as well, with high temp thread locker.

Comment

Working...
                                X