The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nalex View Post
    Hopefully there are more specials this season. Colombia special was good but man I lost respect for Colombians now. I searched it and it is true
    The donkey love?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      The donkey love?
      Yes man what the hell.
      But they are straight

Comment

I think the Colombia special was quite generic. Yes, they have stunning sceneries but the rest was the same script as ever with the same jokes, bumps and everything. Same but different but still same.

I'm looking forward to more Episodes like the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
          I need to unload my e30 and get an expedition vehicle. I'm missing out by having a low shinny car.
          You definitely should. An entirely different way to experience and appreciate life with a vehicle.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
            I think the Colombia special was quite generic. Yes, they have stunning sceneries but the rest was the same script as ever with the same jokes, bumps and everything. Same but different but still same.

I'm looking forward to more Episodes like the first one.
            I still enjoy their specials, but I have read so many absolutely fantastic trip reports from really talented explorers, that the specials don't feel that 'special' to me anymore.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
              I need to unload my e30 and get an expedition vehicle. I'm missing out by having a low shinny car.
              my Dad has a lifted 84" yota xtra cab he would probably think about a straight swap

Comment

I thought it was good, but yes a little "I've seen it before".

The Vietnam special is still really high up there in my book. Those fancy suits while riding those mopeds.

Priceless.
                90 Bronzit 325is
                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Vietnam special was a high point in top gear. Easily in the top 3. I don't think they'll top that in grand tour, too much crashing into each other and stuff those jokes just get old.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Season 3 feels like they're finally finding their mojo. I also read the next season may be all specials, ditching the tent?
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

I'll agree with you on them figuring it out. I think they'll have it down pat pretty soon. Hopefully they run with it for a while.
                      Originally posted by Melon
                      Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        Vietnam special was a high point in top gear. Easily in the top 3. I don't think they'll top that in grand tour, too much crashing into each other and stuff those jokes just get old.

This...

It does have the feel of the old show, but the old show towards the end of the run. I miss the old challenges and car reviews. The RV racing, the boat car race, the AMG/M5 Touring review (still a personal favorite)..etc. And honestly, the celeb interviews/laps and news segments were some of the funniest bits - subtle, but good! My wife still jokes about the manufactures personalized gifts - I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Found it:

Clarkson and May dress Hammond in MG things during the news segment. Season 13, Episode 7

"Does it got four rings on it?"
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

This. They'll never be what Top Gear was. Seasons 13-19 or so were to me, the best of Top Gear. Up until they were pulled from seemingly everything, I would re-watch some of those specials over and over. The Africa one with the tourings was favorite of mine as well as the Patagonia one.

Not knocking the Grand Tour at all, this season especially seems to be getting back to their old ways and finally found their stride...but most of it still feels very forced and overly setup (not that TG wasn't). I thoroughly enjoy it and can't wait for what they get into this season.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Just popping in to echo statements already said. I think the highlight for me was their excursion to the North Pole.

I'm really enjoying this third season so far though.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Yesterday’s episode was great
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Yesterday’s episode was great

The Jim clark bit was awesome. Clarkson got a little choked up at the end.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X