Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever re-installed the sunroof headliner panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased a 91 318i and the sunroof headliner panel was sitting in the trunk. I have the crank-operated sunroof. I'm not sure how to re-install this thing.
    Attached Files

Take a look at the clips and the little lift arms before you begin.

I believe I reinstalled mine with the panel in the raised position. Seating the clips was far more violent that I would have liked, and getting all of them aligned on the first go takes some patience.

Be careful about where you press as well, the material is fairly fragile and easy to pierce.

Comment

You have to lift up the sunroof, slide the panel in, clip it in and close everything. You will probably have to open and close it a few times.

Found this to help.

RUST is a common problem with ALL car sunroofs. My car was no different. The rear right corner of the sunroof had rusted through so badly th...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Hold up, what is all that bracing going across? I've never seen that before. That's obviously going to keep you from installing the liner. Almost like someone installed a sunroof panel on a slicktop. I must be missing something.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-01-2019, 11:59 AM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X