Does it stick out too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it stick out too much?

I bought XXR 536 16x8 et 20 and it seems that they stick out a bit. I just bolted them on and there aren't any spacers put on. I'm on stock suspension getting aftermarket shocks and springs -should drop me about 1.5 inches. I attached the album of images.

Will fender roll help it or should I just get smaller width wheels? Let me know what you think.

https://imgur.com/a/V2tOJa8

Im running 17x8 +20 on 215/40/17 with plenty of room you will have plenty of room depending in the spring you use. You will be plus or minus about .5 degrees of negative 2.0 degrees.

Style 5s from e38 are +22 or 23 and they fit great if you redrill them so you will be fine as long as you dont go above 215. 225 might be pushing it definetly will need rolling fenders if your running a cheaper shock.

Comment

Same specifications, my wheels and tires stick out a little bit. Fender roll absolutely necessary, and the lower it is the worse the rubbing issues will be.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

I don't much care for wheels that extend beyond the fender, but I do know that you shouldn't put your floor jack there to lift the car, and should instead use the chassis "rail" further inboard.

At the rear you can use the subframe.

Comment

When you drop the car the front wheels will camber in quite a bit so should get close. Very popular size that one, give it a google and you will find heaps of people run them.

If you are a bit naughty you can put a block of wood under the control arm ball joint and slowly let down the car to compress the suspension a bit to give a better idea of fitment.

Comment

Put a jack stand under the frame rail, lower the jack, position the jack under the control arm/strut and jack it up until the suspension is compressed. That's where it will sit with the car on the ground.

Comment

Working...
            X