Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depth of recline on convertible different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth of recline on convertible different?

Do convertible sport seats not recline as far back on purpose? I have a set of comfort seats that recline to almost flat, one non convertible sport that also reclines like that. But I've been working on a set of convertible sports and just got them in full working order or so I thought but they don't recline near as far.

After some digging it looks like the convertible sports have this extra black insert that blocks them from going back farther. Why is this? Can I take it out?

Pics attached
    Attached Files

You’re right. Convertibles have the black plastic in the reclining mechanism to keep the seat from reclining further than non convertible seats. I learned this from taking apart 8 total seats from both coupes and verts. After closely inspecting the mechanisms, I realized that they’re the same except for the black plastic and the shape of the handle, which is slightly slimmer. You can either pop out or grind the plastic piece. I forgot which one I did. I believe they were put in place to prevent the seat from reclining into the rear interior panel, which it does. Mine are removed, this allows me to ride with that gangsta lean, plus I’m 6’1” so I kind of need it that way.

Fun Fact: Both left and right mechanisms are all the same with the exception of the reclining handle. You can however cut off the handle for it to function on the opposite side seat if the L mounting bracket ever breaks on you.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X