Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried installing a BMW V12 starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried installing a BMW V12 starter?

BMW V12 starter sound on the E30? I would love to do a retrofit! Is this possible? I have a new battery just seems like my starter is already giving up.

Plus let's not forgot how the BMW V12 starter itself sounds! Amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sonny; 02-06-2019, 11:28 AM.

What engine are you planning on installing on? Also what’s the reason for installing stronger starter? Do you live in extremely cold weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, it gets really chilly in LA at night...in the winter... up in the hills...

The starter you might want is from the E30M3, as it's stronger and lighter.

t
      18f right now up here.
      Car starts just fine.
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        Man, it gets really chilly in LA at night...in the winter... up in the hills...

The starter you might want is from the E30M3, as it's stronger and lighter.

t
        18f right now up here.
        Car starts just fine.

Reading this from Minnesota like [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri View Post
          Reading this from Minnesota like [emoji1787]

Aha you guys are awesome! I'm just curious because I've always loved hearing the BMW V12 starters. They sound amazing and my starter is going out anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, a few people have installed M70s in their E30s, so that's probably the best way to get V12 starter noises.

Comment

Ya I wonder if that would work, mine is actually also going out. You should buy them both and see if you can make it work, if you can’t get it to fit just return it. I’ve become much more liberal about my returns. Worse comes to worst you lose $10 in shipping.

Comment

They sound smoother because there is less degrees between compression strokes of each cylinder. Mechanically they're basically the same thing.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                X