Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic BL quote. Never gets old.

Comment

I had my trim powder coated also and I have to say it looks so factory you'd think someone went all budget-be-damned and bought brand new shadowline trim. This does of course mean removing the trim, but it's NOT THAT DIFFICULT. Just make sure you use the small nylon prybars (you can pickup a set at HF for $8 I think), be patient and take your time, and start from the underside of the trim and pull out and up--I repeat, pull out, and up--over the rain gutter a small area at a time. You'll see once you pop your cherry on the first one.

Oh, and DO NOT take a screwdriver anywhere near this trim.

If you decide to paint in situ instead and disregard everyone who says to powder coat, well it's still gonna be a bitch to mask off the trim, sand, primer and topcoat. Save up 100 clams and powder coat it. You will thank me later.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TrentW; 10-04-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Trent your car looks amazing man. So clean.
        17 Range Rover Sport SVR
        14 Q5 TDI S-Line
        ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

Originally posted by bmoores View Post
          Trent your car looks amazing man. So clean.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I've since sprayed my amber rear indicators red, added Stromung catback, and sprayed the lower black section of the apron red.

I'm very happy with the look.
          Last edited by TrentW; 10-30-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a tip for re-installing the rear coupe window trim back into the rubber gasket it belongs in. I understand what needs to be done-- the hook on the backside of the trim goes into the grooves in the rubber gasket. But knowing and doing are two different things right now. It is a complete PITA for me thus far.

Comment

Nevermind. Figured it out. Start the trim at the top front. Use a right angle pick to tuck the trim at the top front most point in the slot. From there it is just patiently working your way down from there. If you get stuck then gently use the right angle pick again. Used soapy water to lubricate during the process.

My opinion-- paint the trim on the car. It is not worth taking everything off. I did and I regret it. Very touchy. Not for the faint of heart.

Comment

Working...
              X