So... my e30 got t-boned last week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel View Post
    people are talking about his insurance coverage and saying theyre going to determine value. his insurance doesn't matter, because it wasn't his fault. its the other persons insurance he has to deal with.
    Well, he doesn't have to deal with the other insurance company himself, he can let his own insurance company deal with the other party no?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

It's kind of actually his choice. He can let the other company handle it or he can let his carrier sort it out and they'll collect from the other company at the end. Just gotta hope the other guy has enough coverage - not only for the property damage but for injuries as well.
      -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
      '95 525iT
      '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
      '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
        people are talking about his insurance coverage and saying theyre going to determine value. his insurance doesn't matter, because it wasn't his fault. its the other persons insurance he has to deal with.
        Again I don't know how it works in his neck of the woods, but here we have no-fault insurance. This means that even if you're not at fault, your insurance company covers you, then sues the other guy's company to recoup the $.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
          Again I don't know how it works in his neck of the woods, but here we have no-fault insurance. This means that even if you're not at fault, your insurance company covers you, then sues the other guy's company to recoup the $.

AFAIK Mass. also has no-fault insurance required by law.
          sigpic
          Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
          00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
          92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 525iA=For parts
          92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

just tell them money cant buy the car and keep mailing your agent clipping or ebay adds with e30's in your condition. 4k is the goin price especially with a documented 100k, the mods are all up to you hopefully none where damaged.
            mail bombs, our mysterious white powder are always a good choice to if they don't give you a fair settlement.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

As some of you mentioned, since the other driver was at fault, and admitted to it, its his insurance company that I am dealing with now. The other thread that was linked has some good tips for sure.

And no, I will not be parting it out. Unless there is damage that my coworkers and I completely missed when we looked the car over on my lift, the car will be repaired. I don't have the time or the patience to find another rust free e30 and transfer literally every part other than the body and glass. And I shouldn't have to.

I don't have any pictures of the damage and I think I'll hold off until the whole thing is settled.
              '91 318is
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you in "good spirit" BREW. I hope all werks out well for you. BTW hook me up w/ a cheap s50 for the vert so I dont have to throw in the m50nv I have. (NOT meaning yours either but if you have a good lead ;) )
                sigpic
                Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
                00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
                92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
                91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
                91' e34 525iA=For parts
                92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by Brew View Post
                  I don't have any pictures of the damage and I think I'll hold off until the whole thing is settled.
                  Very smart. And good decision to have it fixed. Just pray that the cost to have it fixed doesn't outweight what they deem the car to be worth.

Comment

Condolences for sure. Rebuild, different shell. Only makes sense.
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Ah...just saw you are going to fix it. Cool ... guess only cosmetic damage. Good luck with it!!
                      sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

ouch... sorry. I always hate to hear about an OG with e30 issues. Just keep at the insurance company and hopefully youll get what you want.
                        e30sport.net
                        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

sorry to hear this

Comment

How about some pics of the damage?

I met your mom.

Comment

Lawsuit threats are sometimes the safe way to go, esp. with cult and undervalued cars like E30s. My dad got rear-ended (by a cop!) in his MGB and the thing was near totaled, there were ripples in the hood and fenders from the hit. Originally he was given 1500, then threatened a lawsuit, then offered 2500, another threat, and was finally offered 1500 before he decided to give up. Got a total of about 5500, not enough to cover the repairs, but enough to sell it to recupe the loss. Threaten a lawsuit. If it's a cult car like it is, they'll probably know they don't have much of a chance in court and try and settle.
                              Island Green 1990 535i
                              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Damn sorry to hear Brew! Goodluck with the rebuild - the phoenix rises from the ashes.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Working...
                                X