No announcement yet.

The 2nd Annual Car-B-Q! September 15, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my favorite meet of the year. I'd pay a fee plus whatever gas money it took to get there

Originally posted by yert315
    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

I totally understand where both of you are coming from. We in no way were looking to put money in our pockets. If we were to have made money, we would have saved it for the next year. Edwin, Chris and Nick are absolutely correct though. There is a ton that goes into putting a big event together. The days upon days that we spent on that event has to be at least mentally profitable. You have to understand how disheartening it is to put your own blood and sweat into something for so long just to have it flop and have people complain about it. It sucks. We worked on that meet for 3 months straight only to have it be a soso turn out.

I also understand that neither of you have a problem with driving. Sad to say, that's not the case for a ton of other e30 guys. You guys may like the drive, as some of us do but if its not in their ack yard, they aren't down.

CBQ can in fact be held in a parking lot and have a pot luck aspect to it just like the picnic. That to me, the issue. Myeslf, Evan and Garrett wanted CBQ to be more than that though. Which is why we opted for a paid venue so we wouldn't be bothered by cops or anything else. Last years location didn't work but if you guys are looking for a "back to the basics" sort of meet then maybe that's something we can arrange.

We had plans last year of holding this event at either Seaside Park Fairgrounds or possibly a day camp ground sort of thing. Both right on the beach and right off the freeway. The problem with the fairgrounds was the cost. Insanely high, like in the $2500 rrange. That would mean about $25 a car before food was purchased. The problem with the campground was you guys would have been charged to get in the gate then charged for food and drink. We didn't think you guys would have been cool with that. But I personally liked the idea of the campground. BBQs on site and tables as well as grass and the beach.

We can still kick the idea around bit for sure. We will keep in touch.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

But I miss you guis

Maybe I'll have to drive out for something else then.
        Originally posted by blunttech
        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

What about the .................. Taylor knows what i'm talking about.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

That isn't considered CBQ buddy ;)
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Gotcha. Well its probably a pretty good time to start a thread for that.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                Gotcha. Well its probably a pretty good time to start a thread for that.
                :up:
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Sorry to see this. I had an amazing time at the first event. I hope things get sorted out.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Since yall bumped this thread once more, i would like to say that i was really looking forward to this years.
                    Keep calm and make it happen.
                    » PARTS FOR SALE
                    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

I had fun as well. Ventura was an awesome spot. The lot just needed to be cleaned.
                      Willing to volunteer if needed.

Comment

:/ I hope there is another CBQ. Driving there was fun and so was getting to see the rest of the Community.

Just my $.02 but what if we do it at a beach (not Dockweiler) but people pay $10 to get in and maybe have someone collect another $10 to cover the cost of food. That way you don't have the expenses of a venue. Like I said just an idea.
                        HIT A LIL' NIGGA WITH A FREEZE POP

Originally posted by MÄDDNESSS
                        i punched my boss last tuesday. so he fired me... waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Ventura in general could be great I am certain there's better locations to be at.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X