R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Convertible Technical & Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #181
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
https://youtu.be/B-PyAmpq7xs

COOL VIDEO REGARDING OUR CARS
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #182
BMWBrat
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 53
Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by francogt1 View Post
https://youtu.be/B-PyAmpq7xs

COOL VIDEO REGARDING OUR CARS


I was waiting on my press agent to officially release this! ROFLMAO! (I'm Rusty...)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BMWBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:17 AM   #183
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
Any news on the world of MT2 E30's?
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #184
BMWBrat
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by francogt1 View Post
Any news on the world of MT2 E30's?


Ryan sold his last month on BaT for $30K, I believe?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BMWBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #185
NeverEnough02
Wrencher
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBrat View Post
Ryan sold his last month on BaT for $30K, I believe?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, that was a good auction.

Mine has been sitting in the garage for a bit. Radio and hvac out on the floor. I bought an 89 for a hard top to put on the mtech. I ordered new interior window seals, and a few other items like hvac and ash tray bulbs. Might as well replace them all at the same time. I also cleaned the front and back of my euro weaves. Going to put paint sealant on them and mount the wheels back on the car for summer.

I have been slowly getting the 89 ready for bring a trailer but, after it comes back this week from getting a timing belt, all I have left if rear shocks and mounts, then a full exterior and interior detail. After I get pictures, the mtech will be the focus again.
NeverEnough02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #186
BMWBrat
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
Yes, that was a good auction.



Mine has been sitting in the garage for a bit. Radio and hvac out on the floor. I bought an 89 for a hard top to put on the mtech. I ordered new interior window seals, and a few other items like hvac and ash tray bulbs. Might as well replace them all at the same time. I also cleaned the front and back of my euro weaves. Going to put paint sealant on them and mount the wheels back on the car for summer.



I have been slowly getting the 89 ready for bring a trailer but, after it comes back this week from getting a timing belt, all I have left if rear shocks and mounts, then a full exterior and interior detail. After I get pictures, the mtech will be the focus again.


Can't wait to see the '89 on BaT. With all that extra work in her, it should go for a nice price. Pics of your MTech when you get a chance?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BMWBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #187
robrez
No R3VLimiter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,340


Sorry off topic, I picked up a leather heated seat console so I can retrofit heated seats (didn’t want to cut holes in mine). I previously swapped the auto for a 5-speed.

Does anyone have an original sterling silver or, for that matter, any S770a cars, with 5speed and heated seats? Can’t be too many of those out there.
__________________

January 2012 COTM

Last edited by robrez; 05-07-2019 at 01:12 PM.
robrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #188
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
Where did you pick up the part? that center console should of came out of a S771 .. s770a did not have center wrapped consoles
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #189
robrez
No R3VLimiter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by francogt1 View Post
Where did you pick up the part? that center console should of came out of a S771 .. s770a did not have center wrapped consoles
Oops typo I meant S771. My question was basically how many S771 full-mtech cars have factory heated seats and 5 speeds, as both features were rarely optioned. I found it on a euro ebay. I've been fortunate to collect spares of most of the S771 leather interior bits.
__________________

January 2012 COTM
robrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #190
reelizmpro
R3V OG
 
reelizmpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: LA-SoCal
Posts: 8,696
My S771 came with heated seats but was automatic.
__________________
"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER
reelizmpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:25 AM   #191
NeverEnough02
Wrencher
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrez View Post


Sorry off topic, I picked up a leather heated seat console so I can retrofit heated seats (didnít want to cut holes in mine). I previously swapped the auto for a 5-speed.

Does anyone have an original sterling silver or, for that matter, any S770a cars, with 5speed and heated seats? Canít be too many of those out there.
There were 17 sterling manuals made. I have one of them and it doesnít have heated seats. Some of the euro cars had extended leather as an option so, it likely didnít come from a 771 car but, it is rare either way!
NeverEnough02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #192
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
I've put a hold on the M technik restoration due to new brother( project ) showed up that needs a lot of work and attention 190E Cosworth 2.316V , im extremly happy and lucky to own these cars .. what do you guys think of the 190E?
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:09 AM   #193
mr2peak
R3VLimited
 
mr2peak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,353
Mine is a black S770a 5 speed, winter package (heated seats, mirrors, door locks).
__________________
Drive it hard. Maintain it well.


Convertible Technical & Discussion
A Topless Memorandum
mr2peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #194
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2peak View Post
Mine is a black S770a 5 speed, winter package (heated seats, mirrors, door locks).


post some photos!!
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #195
francogt1
Wrencher
 
francogt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: central nj
Posts: 263
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-technic-ii-5/
__________________
francogt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC