Radio Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    A cassette player? What is this, 1987? Have you ever listened to one of those "convertor" units that uses the tape heads? They sound awful.

Join the 21st century, get a CD player head unit with an aux. in jack.

-Charlie
    WHy get a CD player when i can have my Mp3 player that can hole 20 CD's at once and is much easier to use. I am in the 21st century, I just cant find any easier way to hook my MP3 player to my car than those cheap, cheesy cassette things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan

No no no, FM Modulators are garbage too. Even the "good" ones arent very good.
      Jordan, from the FM modulators that I have heard, they aren't half bad...sure there not cd quality, but niether are MP3's..and those casette adapters that they make are garbage. they destroy the pick up heads in a casette player.
      I have yet to find a quality In dash CD player that has auxilary RCA inputs..
      Also there are no wires.

Here is an Idea...why don't you get cdplayer with MP3 decoding. then you can have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by BS87
        Originally posted by Charlie
        A cassette player? What is this, 1987? Have you ever listened to one of those "convertor" units that uses the tape heads? They sound awful.

Join the 21st century, get a CD player head unit with an aux. in jack.

-Charlie
        WHy get a CD player when i can have my Mp3 player that can hole 20 CD's at once and is much easier to use. I am in the 21st century, I just cant find any easier way to hook my MP3 player to my car than those cheap, cheesy cassette things.
        Uh, chief?

I just told you what to do. Get a head unit with an aux in. You can hook your MP3 player up directly to the unit, no futzing around with a lousy input setup.

Then, when you actually want to listen to songs that don't have tons of background static in them, you can pop in a regular CD and listen as well.

-Charlie
        Hates 128k mp3's
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCip
          Originally posted by Jordan

No no no, FM Modulators are garbage too. Even the "good" ones arent very good.
          Jordan, from the FM modulators that I have heard, they aren't half bad...sure there not cd quality, but niether are MP3's..and those casette adapters that they make are garbage. they destroy the pick up heads in a casette player.
          I have yet to find a quality In dash CD player that has auxilary RCA inputs..
          Also there are no wires.

Here is an Idea...why don't you get cdplayer with MP3 decoding. then you can have your cake and eat it too.
          Shopping for aux in? Get FREE 2-day shipping. Since 1974 our Virginia-based Advisors have loved helping folks find the right gear. Call or chat with us today for free expert advice.

There's a number of alpine & blau's on there with aux in's, and also have MP3 encoding support.

That took me 2 minutes :twisted:

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Charlie is right, any of the better manufacturers of components have an AUX in as well as Non Faded inputs. These include Alpine, Blaupunkt, Kenwood, etc. IF you are going to put a new deck in your car I suggest buying a good one with more than what you plan on using now 2 sets of RCA pre outs, NF inputs, Aux inputs. As for Crutchfield, I woulkd not buy anything from them as they are probably 10-20% more expensive than anywhere else on the net.
            Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

I now give charlie permision to bitch slap me, cause i shot my mouth off at him with out understanding what he was saying. I thought you were telling me to get a CD player :? Sorry about that, what you suggested is exactly what i was looking for.

*porceed with bitchslap*

Comment

Originally posted by rward325
                . As for Crutchfield, I woulkd not buy anything from them as they are probably 10-20% more expensive than anywhere else on the net.
                I was thinking the same thing, Any other choices, i havent realy foudn many that look "reliable"

Comment

OK, the more and more i look at this crap, the more i get confused. Blankaput apaprently requires 2+ adapters to get the Aux input working, and it goes to an RCA plug, which doesnt fit in my Mp3 player. Then there is the whole nice job of finding a decent place to install and do the neccesary wiring, because its not an OEM stereo, and most of the places around are filled with retarted high-school dropouts

:dispair:

Comment

my blaupunkt has an RCA input, and my MD has a minijack(3.5mm) output...so i get a minijack-RCA adaptor cable, and hook the shit up....it aint frikkin brain surgery..and any car audio shop shld be able to install the deck up for you(or do it yourself, if you can handle it)...then just ask them to connect the RCAs before they slide the deck in, and feed the cable down into the console area...

im assuming you have minijack out on yr mp3 player....most do.
                    sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Sheesh, that made it so easy. I looked up all the cables i would need to hook up something to the Aux input port and they listed me a couple things. But still, dont i need to re-wire something because its not an OEM stereo? i could have swore i saw a thread about that here. I have to stop thinking about semi-hard stuff at night. During the day i'm actually not a retard, but when it gets late i de-volve into a sludge-bucket of un-intelligence :oops:

Comment

OK, one last final question, i promise i'm done after this. Just to check, what 5-1/4 speakers do you guys reccomend? i was thinking of some kickers, but i just wanted your opinions.

Comment

Infinity Kappas. The 6.5's fit into the stock locations with out any cutting.
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

Nakamichi CD 400, looks very stock, and sounds great, very basic, rotary nob, and it has 3 preouts.

Comment

Working...
                            X