Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock tweeter size?

Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Nick

87 325 5MT
    02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by Inspar8r
      I believe is a 1", but i just broke mine out and put new ones in. I should have an article for this soon. talk to Chris (C///M) about it...
      shitty. someone around here is selling mb quartz components, but the tweeter is .5"
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
        Originally posted by Inspar8r
        I believe is a 1", but i just broke mine out and put new ones in. I should have an article for this soon. talk to Chris (C///M) about it...
        shitty. someone around here is selling mb quartz components, but the tweeter is .5"
        Put them in anyway.

Comment

how will they fit if they're .5" smaller than the tweeter pod

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
            how will they fit if they're .5" smaller than the tweeter pod
            No tweeters will work as a direct replacement. Anything would have to be made to fit.

Comment

how exactly would i do that

Comment

I used a hot glue gun to keep mine in place.they are about 1/4 inch smaller than stock. Take off the stock grill by prying it off with some sort of hard, pointy object. After that I just pushed out the old tweeter and sarted to hot glue everything.

Comment

hmmm

Comment

Take a piece of ABS plastic or something similar, cut out a round 1" or so (maybe a little bigger, then cut a .5" hole, mount your tweeter to the plastic, pop out the old tweeter, and install the new tweeter with the "baffle" to the empty tweer pod.

After that, you're Done like Nextel.
                    Nick

87 325 5MT
                    02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Black RTV makes for a nice, un-noticeable, way to secure it in.

Comment

what's black rtv?

Comment

black rtv is a automotive sealant, used to make gaskets and such. you cna gte it at any parts store. just ask the counter person. they'll know what your talking about......oh and by the way its easier to handle if you have a caulking gun ;)

-cam
                          Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Working...
                          X