do i have the premium sound system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do i have the premium sound system?

i'm getting new speakers soon, and from what i remeber only e30's with the premium sound system have factory amps, is this correct? i have a 87 325is, and i checked the left side of the trunk and saw what i thought could be amp but it looked kinda small, not sure what else it could be though. there are no indications on my stock speakers if they are premium or not, they just say "BMW sound system." another thing, whats the power ratings RMS, etc.. on the factory amp?

also if i got my new speakers installed to the factory amp would it be easy to swap it out for a new amp down the road?

most cd-decks these days put out twice the power that the factory amp in our cars is rated for. That, and its cleaner power.

Dont use the factory amp with new speakers.

Buy a new cd-deck, and new speakers, and run all new wire.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      most cd-decks these days put out twice the power that the factory amp in our cars is rated for. That, and its cleaner power.

Dont use the factory amp with new speakers.

Buy a new cd-deck, and new speakers, and run all new wire.
      i have a head unit that's 17rms (which would be enough to hold me over) but i really do not wanna pay to have the new speakers wired to the HU, then later pay again to have them wired to a new amp. so i guess now i should get it all (speakers/amp) at once, cause i'm looking at Infinity reference components in the front and kappa 2-ways in the rear and 17-watts rms would be an insult to them

Comment

Working...
      X