R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Members Rides > The Project Forum

Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #46
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Charbel got the car done and it’s amazing. I have some work to do with the body kit and getting new hardware/mounting. It’s typical 80s fitment. I’ll get some good photos once everything back together. I’m going to wet sand in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ZEKTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #47
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Car is mostly put back together. Have to do the trim pieces, mount rear valance better. The Zender plastic tabs aren’t available so I’m looking for different ways to mount. Motor still needs work and there is a table full of parts.

Does anyone know of a 5 bolt pattern e30 steering wheel hub? Or if there is a universal one that has been successful?

Last edited by ZEKTI; 10-18-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #48
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Painted the engine bay at home, as I originally had not planned on doing it, but with the car back from paint it seemed necessary. PS pump is also rebuilt. Finishing cleaning up the hardware and sourcing new. I'm hoping someone in Detroit area can re zinc or I can just try myself. I need also get the front and rear window chrome. As the stock yellow is pretty brittle.

I know the amp/sub combo are low quality and just carries the name. But 4 5.25" weren't going to cut it and the tiny alternator couldn't push the DB Drive 10" that was in the box. Got some Depos as stock is gross for lighting. Will be using Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0LED bulbs.

Does any one recommend a good body adhesive? BMW has their own lineup but I think Lord Fusor also has something good. I'm hoping to have the motor in by the holiday time.

Thanks for the help all. Enjoy the weekend!

Old 01-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #49
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Engine progress continues, accessories are bolted back on. Next will the be intake bolted on. Ordered most of the lines but some are NLA from BMW so I will have to make those. Morimoto 2 Stroke LEDs for DEPO housing are plug n play. No splicing the factory.

New fuel tank and hoses/lines arrived. However the Specta fuel pump doesn’t fit into the tank. Is there a trick to getting it in? The c clamps hit the opening. Old pump was original and gross. Does anyone make an aftermarket line that
Goes in between the 2 tanks or is it easier just to make one?

Ordered a new coolant flange but only has 2 sensors vs 3. Part #s match per Real OEM. Anyone have any insight?

While the original plan to make a high HP motor hasn’t come about, this is still a fun motor to mess with. Thank you to the vendors and manufacturers still making parts, makes it so much easier.

Last edited by ZEKTI; 01-13-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #50
gnmzl

I love this so much! Good work on that m10, you give me the bug to refresh my own.
Also, that paint job looks great and the car with the kit on it is definitely something else. Very pleased with what I see, keep doing what you do!
gnmzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #51
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Thanks gnmzl. The M10 is nice and simple. Thankfully everything is still easy to find.

I got a few more things done. Some areas underneath prepped with POR15. Brackets and such cleaned up and ready for paint. New fuel lines and the Chase Bays front to rear brake line kit. No more hard/soft lines. All 1 system and going to be very easy to put together. I also picked up their ground wire kit to eliminate any issues.

Still many parts to install. The manifold is just on hand tight until I get the correct coolant flange. I was sent one for a carb’d car. There are some coolant lines I am using the silicone hoses for as they are NLA.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #52
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Got some progress done this weekend. Most of the vacuum lines and all the coolant hoses are hooked up. Some hoses are now NLA so glad eBay still has some. I need to figure out where the vaccum lines all go, but it should be easy enough.

New alternator to make it visually pleasing. Painting lots of little bits.

Injectors tested locally and all good! Rebuild kit is cheap and simple.

Chase Bays front to rear brake like it installed. Make sure to use some washers on the connectors and as I’m on drums there will be some slack.

The E21 Facebook Forums had the correct coolant flange as the one from ECS was for an E21/E30 Carb'd/

Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #53
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Got some more progress done and the engine in. I believe the harness is wired correctly to the starter and alternator but if anyone can double check please do.

I also thought the radio would be easy but the harness was also cut already.

Got some fog light covers from Euroclassicparts.

Cluster went out to BavRest to be fully overhauled and simple black rings installed. Coming together well and I hope to be driving by end of May.

I am still searching for a local company to create the fuel tank connector. Hope to have a few made for the community.

Thank you all for the support.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 AM   #54
gnmzl

Looks amazing, great work! All those fresh and shiny bits make me smile!

On a side note: I notice your alternator is the type with a rubber bushing instead of a solid one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the type with the rubber bushing, you need to have a ground wire between the alternator and the engine block. On the type with the solid one, it is not needed as the ground is taken from the alternator's cover.

Number 6 on the diagram.

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...stem/fan_belt/
Old 05-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #55
ZEKTI
Advanced Member

Thanks, I hope to have ready for road trips soon. There is a ground cable on the back that is hard to see.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:14 AM   #56
gnmzl

Hard to see for sure.
Can't wait for seeing this car on the road and in action (road trippin)