R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Suspension & Unsprung

Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
EtaSport
R3VLimited

Send a message via AIM to EtaSport
Need suggestions, rear wheel bearings

So 20 year old e30 with somewhere around 450k miles never has its rear wheel bearings replaced as far as I know. Driver's side is making noise, passenger side has play.

I thought just the drivers side was bad, so I get to work on it tonight (i work at a shop with a lift and good tools). Didnt even get the axle out. It seems to be seized on the hub. Used an air hammer, used a big hammer, used a bigger hammer, didnt budge it. Figured i'd try and get the hub off, used a very large slide hammer. Didnt even flinch.

About a year ago I had to put an axle in the pass. side, and it took a 4 foot tall hammer and a lot of nerve. I got it out, but there was no way that hub was coming off either.

Should I take the trailing arms off and send them to a machine shop to get pressed? I dont know if I have any other options.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
SchnellerVert
No R3VLimiter

You can borrow the tool from school? Doesn't Bimmer Faher from NCC have one or the BFc. tool loaner thread someone has to have one.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
EtaSport
R3VLimited

Send a message via AIM to EtaSport
done with school now, plus they dont have anything for older cars. Even if i got tools, I thought they were just for pulling the bearing off, not help with the axle or the hub. Last time I used a puller on the hub it started to bend (the hub).

Im concerned I might break a press trying to get these fuckers out. they are on there.