ix touring sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ix touring sway bar

I know its not much but the touring bar is 18mm vs our 17mm coupes and sedans. Anyone think the performance would be worth the trouble to source it?

Rear or front?

Comment

Front

Comment

they are NLA. They were $100 for the longest time too, but I kept procrastinating..

probably not worth it. I had a project to use an E46 swaybar but there were some fitment issues. I need to take it over to H&R and see what they think.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

lol alright, ill forget about it and put koni's on my list to swap the billys out

Comment

I found one of these for a great price on ebay.de and picked it up. Part number is 31351136417 and it comes with the swaybar mounting bushings which aren't sold in the US. Has anybody on here upgraded their car with one? I am hoping to reduce some of the body roll with the stock height front springs.

Everythign I read says the stiffness should increase according to this formula (new bar diam/ old bar diameter)^4.

So (18/17)^4 = 1.257 = 25% increase in stiffness. Will followup when it arrives and I install.

BMW E30 325ix, Stabilisator vorn, 31351136417 Gebraucht im stand. In 2014 wurde KOED auch autorisierter BMW service partner und hat heute eines von dem grösten BMW ersatzteillagern mit neuem und gebrauchte teilen.

BMW E30 325ix, stabilizer front, 31351136417 Used in the state. In 2014, KOED also became an authorized BMW service partner and today has one of the largest BMW spare parts warehouses with new and second-hand parts.
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

sweet

Comment

FYI, a stiffer front bar will tend to increase understeer, unless you also stiffen the rear.

Comment

I removed my front sway bar on the rallyx ix and it is so much more tail happy now. Before it pushed a lot and this is on dirt. Now I can get it to throttle rotate like a RWD e30, but it still pulls out of turns way better.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't work as well on asphalt though.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sure it does. You just either need skinnier tires or more horsepower.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                        I found one of these for a great price on ebay.de and picked it up. Part number is 31351136417 and it comes with the swaybar mounting bushings which aren't sold in the US. Has anybody on here upgraded their car with one? I am hoping to reduce some of the body roll with the stock height front springs.

Everythign I read says the stiffness should increase according to this formula (new bar diam/ old bar diameter)^4.

So (18/17)^4 = 1.257 = 25% increase in stiffness. Will followup when it arrives and I install.

Let me see if I got this straight.
                        with (21/17)^4 I get 2.33. does that mean a 21mm bar is 133% increase?
                        I suck at maths.
                        1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                        1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                        E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Yes, the 21mm bar has 233% of the stiffness of the 17 mm bar, which is an increase of 133%, yes.

Comment

Working...
                          X