Clear All

23 pages of gold. god bless r3v
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
      Why couldn't I go on not seeing this train wreck?

Forgot I wished I had not seen this in 2012. I wish I had not seen it again!

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Read through a few pages, got bored when I got to the engine driven alternator idea.

The supposed engine driven alternator idea was no doubt just to swap the belt drive on the front of the alternator to a gear drive on the back of the alternator, and fit the alternator into a casting on the block.

No manufacturer has done this because of heat & NVH. Gear drives for camshafts have been around for ever, and this would be a similar idea. If you've ever heard a race engine that has had the timing chain or belt swapped to a gear drive, they whine like crazy (think 100x worse than blower whine). Some experimented with nylon gears to try to reduce the whine, but this just made the gears less reliable than a timing chain so there was no point.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

thats from straight cut gears. there is technology out there to make them quiet. helical cut gears just like the ones in your differential. i think the reason it isn't done that way is because of unnecessary expense.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            Read through a few pages, got bored when I got to the engine driven alternator idea.

The supposed engine driven alternator idea was no doubt just to swap the belt drive on the front of the alternator to a gear drive on the back of the alternator, and fit the alternator into a casting on the block.

No manufacturer has done this because of heat & NVH. Gear drives for camshafts have been around for ever, and this would be a similar idea. If you've ever heard a race engine that has had the timing chain or belt swapped to a gear drive, they whine like crazy (think 100x worse than blower whine). Some experimented with nylon gears to try to reduce the whine, but this just made the gears less reliable than a timing chain so there was no point.

All International Harvester truck engines at least from the 50's through the 80's (including my Scout) had gear driven camshafts and they are silent and extremely durable.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

oh good god. this again?
              t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Yearly bump. 2018 and no zero lag turbo.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

LOL... the time is right for it :D

Where's Trina?
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I had forgotten about this. A friend sent me this yesterday.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                    Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Racelands are cheap shit.
                    Originally posted by whodwho
                    So are r3v members
                    Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Can we send him a pizza?

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I read the first few pages and this is the best thing I found so far.

Originally posted by BrownBeanE30 View Post
                        Would r3v get a discount when ur product comes out?
                        cheap bastards
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Forgot, I wished I had not seen this in 2012. I wish I had not seen it again!

Comment

Forgot I wished I had not seen this in 2012. I wish I had not seen it again!

lol
                            Seeing as it has become a thing, guess I still wish I had not seen this.

Although compared to the cluster f00k we have in Washington this makes cents.

See ya'll next time.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

So many usernames we don't see anymore. Too bad the OP hasn't signed in (at least with this alias) since '14. :(
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                So many usernames we don't see anymore. Too bad the OP hasn't signed in (at least with this alias) since '14. :(
                                Maybe he made it, got souper rich & is laughing from his secret island lair plotting his revenge????

:hide:

Comment

Working...
                                X