Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal Vintage Drive today.

It was great chasing a well built 2002 followed by an E30 M3 and then me...

However a few times I got caught further back in the group and it wasn’t as fun. Good drive overall

Same vantage point from a previous drive! Haha

A few more

Felt good to take the E30 out again. Such a good setup. I need to mount my subwoofer box better, it finally gave up lol
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I saw that chalkboard 5 series last week at a gas station lol

that fuck didn't wave back at me
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

He did seem to be a certain type. At one point he casually climbed on his roof to take pics. Mmmm cool.

Was there sexually suggestive eye contact made?
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I saw that chalkboard 5 series last week at a gas station lol
          that fuck didn't wave back at me
          Seen him at my local gas station in L.A. getting air, I looked at the car bumperless and a bit ratty and thought *fuck yeah!* as I was about to give him a thumbs up, he raised his snooty nose up and drove off like his shit didn't stink. That categorized him as *special* to me
          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          He did seem to be a certain type. At one point he casually climbed on his roof to take pics. Mmmm cool.

love it.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Damn, I went to college from ‘88-‘92and there was a girl horn player that had a 323i just like that one behind you. She was muy intriguing. Thanks for the memories man and good luck with your sedan. I love mine......
            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

What’s the worst thing that can happen?..
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Also first look at what the magnetic drain plug grabbed. It’s a good thing I’m starting to plot the next engine build. Not terrible but there’s definitely some metal floating around. Let’s see if this continues on there next go-around
                When you change your oil next I would consider sending a sample to Black stone labs. I send out a sample to them every 10k miles or so to make sure my M20 still has a clean bill of health.

I like concrete numbers rather than speculating off a magnetic plug :)

Comment

That e21 looks the tits, would love to own one someday, unfortunately there are ZERO rust free shells in the Midwest it seems
                  Also, I love those SSRs, never sell them!
                  1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                  1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                  E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Yeah, definitely was, but I did not give in to his advances.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    Seen him at my local gas station in L.A. getting air, I looked at the car bumperless and a bit ratty and thought *fuck yeah!* as I was about to give him a thumbs up, he raised his snooty nose up and drove off like his shit didn't stink. That categorized him as *special* to me

love it.
                    lol

In my head, I was like, my car is way fucking cooler than yours, you better acknowledge me you pleb.

I'm curious to see how this bumper turns out.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                      When you change your oil next I would consider sending a sample to Black stone labs. I send out a sample to them every 10k miles or so to make sure my M20 still has a clean bill of health.

I like concrete numbers rather than speculating off a magnetic plug :)
                      We'll see... Im not terribly concerned about this M20 motor, so we'll see...

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                      That e21 looks the tits, would love to own one someday, unfortunately there are ZERO rust free shells in the Midwest it seems
                      Also, I love those SSRs, never sell them!
                      It looked OK, but it sounded like it ran like sh!t... SSRs arent going anywhere. I have a full size, same sized spare also :)

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I'm curious to see how this bumper turns out.
                      you and me both!... My euro trim arrived today, and Im going to paint the rear bumper with that "perfect" match Bahama Blue paint... The plastic shell is already warped, so worst case scenario it looks like shit and I continue my search for another rear bumper plastc
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Return that Duplicolor can and I can try to match your current color in a spray can if you want.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                          Return that Duplicolor can and I can try to match your current color in a spray can if you want.
                          Cant argue that!... What do you need? I took a piece that had flaked off and it looked close haha
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Oh what’s this?...

Plastic stuff...

It might be new but it still got some SEM trim paint. Tomorrow you’ll see how it looks on my dirty E30. Im properly using the term because my car is legit dirty
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Forgot to take pics of the car but today with the help of Ian (really me helping Ian) we replaced a few AC parts and got me pretty damn close to Ice Cold A/C. I still need a few items but I think I’ll survive this summer in my Daily Driver E30

New Behr Drier

Not pictured but also replaced were every o-ring and also the Expansion Valve. Overall everything else looked good. I still need to replace the fan switch and the fan resistor ( ASAP) then the parallel flow condenser is down the list too

It was an odd feeling driving an E30 with working A/C but I think I’ll get used to it
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Good work on the AC! I've been working up a 134 setup to throw on the car soon.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X