Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy's "How not to build a Pro-3" thread - 2017 update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, got the air box installed.. Still some cleaning to do, and I got some lines from Ryan over at Dynasport. My Pressure Washer blew up it's ground fault plug, and so waiting for parts before I can do more cleaning.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
      There have been several. Bruce Feller at Spokane just past turn one was the worse. Look around-there are numerous cars with dents on the roofs from rollovers.

I was there for that. WOW. I was running my Rx7 in SPU class.
      Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
      http://raceskids.com/

Comment

It was indeed. I want to say one of his calipers came loose and locked up one of the front brakes.
        Jeremy - pphhsst. We don't use use 25 year old brake lines on anything. The new ones are correct looking as possible but cost stupid amount of money.
        Good progress man. Keep it up.

Comment

^^^ well, yeah..

We had a long discussion about the caliper bolts coming loose recently, since it happened again up at Mission to a driver. Luckily it only exploded his rim and destroyed his tire. One driver had tossed out the idea of Safety Wire, I actually am going to experiement with an idea I stole from my MTB; the disc brakes have the rotor's bolt to the hub, and there is a thin bridging washer between each pair of bolts. This bridging washer has two tabs per side that are bent up and wrapped around the head of the bolt. This keeps the bolts from backing out from the constant rapid heating and cooling. I figured it wouldn't hard to adapt this to the E30 bracket... Will take pix when the final product is done.

**but let this be a lesson to anyone who races or tracks your car: before each event, crawl under the car and check the torque of all the nut's you can get your hands on!**

..and those too.
          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Nice build. Let me know if you are interested in a stud conversion for this bad boy.
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
            Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
            LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

I already got stud's on it (thanks to TC Motorsports.) But thanks man.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                ^^^ well, yeah..

We had a long discussion about the caliper bolts coming loose recently, since it happened again up at Mission to a driver. Luckily it only exploded his rim and destroyed his tire. One driver had tossed out the idea of Safety Wire, I actually am going to experiement with an idea I stole from my MTB; the disc brakes have the rotor's bolt to the hub, and there is a thin bridging washer between each pair of bolts. This bridging washer has two tabs per side that are bent up and wrapped around the head of the bolt. This keeps the bolts from backing out from the constant rapid heating and cooling. I figured it wouldn't hard to adapt this to the E30 bracket... Will take pix when the final product is done.

**but let this be a lesson to anyone who races or tracks your car: before each event, crawl under the car and check the torque of all the nut's you can get your hands on!**

..and those too.
                I use Loctite personally.

Comment

nice build. the pro3 class is ridiculously big, im sure you wont always be in the back. :p
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No, there is usually one or two DNF or DNS's, so I got that on my side!
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

That's great! Did you figure out what to do with the oil cooler?

Comment

Yes I did - put it on the shelf for a later date.

But seriously, I have someone who's got a front panel I may grab this weekend, and then do the install correctly.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Buy my late valance! Can bring with me tomorrow.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Looking good sir. You can also use the factory upper spring pad on the bottom. That should keep everything in line in case you plan on doing some 'Dukes of Hazard' action.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Actually, that is what I did, and slipped the O-ring over it to make it even snugger of a fit! It's worked pretty good so far even with jacking it up and down to swap wheels on and off. Eventually, I may shorten the front housing, but for now, the main goal is get the car on the track next year so I can get through my Novice races.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                ^^^ well, yeah..

..and those too.
                                Don't short cut on safety, Take the time and drill the bolts with a 1/16th drill bit and use red loctite /safety wire. If you don't know how I will come do it for you and supply the safety wire. Oh, and use 0.032 safety wire not 0.020 (used for electronics and light duty hardware).

Cheers,

Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X