Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Magnus Walker is a douche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who thinks Magnus Walker is a douche?

I never really cared for him, but whatever. Then around 2 months ago I saw him on the Petrolicious Rally and he was driving extremely reckless and around a lot of very expensive cars. I bitched about it and nobody seemed to care much.

Then today I read this...

Well, now we know how Magnus Walker’s famed “277” Porsche 911 ended up with a crunched-in side during a visit to Minneapolis. A video from the Minneapolis Star Tribune shows how Walker lost control of the car and slid into that transport truck with a reporter from the newspaper riding shotgun.

I cant be the only one who thinks he is a joke
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Eh, I don't know about 'douche' but yeah, his driving habits are questionable at best. As I said in the Porsche thread, I'm not surprised he crashed. He's too reckless on public roads.

Comment

Yea I'm not surprised he crashed too. However to be fair anyone who's knows Porsche knows them old 911's can whip the ass end around in the blink of an eye and even the best drivers can always correct. But with the money that guy has. It will be fixed by the end of the month...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Comment

I dont understand the hype around him. Its not like he's building singers. I mean I like his cars, just not revolutionary or anything.

Comment

Poped tire strikes again

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I don't get the hype around this guy.

Comment

Never understood the hype. Always thought he was a douche.

Comment

speedhunters.com know how to market
                  sigpic

Comment

found some pics

Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I love this, always thought he was the biggest douche and never really understood all the extreme blogger nutswinging, although admittedly his cars are kinda cool in a rich-hipster-with-good-taste sorta way. Now this shit, and that is specifically the word everyone is using.

Doosh.

I don't love that the car and apparently journalist lady got hurt though.
                      sigpic
                      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

only thing that i like that he has done is the wheels he and fifteen52 made otherwise

Comment

I used to think he was badass when I initially discovered his videos that introduced who he was, ect. But after reading about/watching more of him I've concluded he's just some car enthusiast with money. Sure, he earned it all himself and has fucking dreads. Cool, but not really.

He appears arrogant, and also has horrible grammar skills.
                          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                          1991 318is - Sold
                          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Yeah - he's kinda douchey (I mean - he made his money douchesnozzle clothes, iirc), but I have to admit that when it comes to 911s he has pretty damn good taste.
                            diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Seems like a lot of this dislike just came out of the woodwork. Or people were just waiting and looking for an avenue to display these feelings. idk.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X