Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are mods not deleting spam posts and spam accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are mods not deleting spam posts and spam accounts?

?

Too busy trying to fix the 'no-start' issues with their e30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
      Ah Haaaaaa....
      I see what you did there.

Comment

I delete spam posts every day, including the last ten of which I've been on vacation.

A better question would be "why are forum members not flagging spam posts and spam accounts?"
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          I delete spam posts every day, including the last ten of which I've been on vacation.

A better question would be "why are forum members not flagging spam posts and spam accounts?"
          i do report them do you guys like a little flair to the report i like to be creative or should i just write SPAM.

Comment

SPAMALOT
            spamalot
            SPAMALOT
            spamalot
            SPAMALOT FI
            spamalot fo
            SPAMALOT FI
            spamalo spamalo spamalo
            SPAM-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Comment

When theres something strange,
              On the message boards,
              Who ya gonna call?!

SPAM-BUSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought the official r3v position was that "We found out that we can't find them. They're out there, and we're having a major difficulty in finding the spammers. Basically, we ask people, 'Are you a spammer?' And whoever says yes, we ban them."

Comment

Because we have a life outside the forum...

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    Because we have a life outside the forum...
                    say it isn't so,

I asked this question yesterday, and it got deleted,

I will make it my duty to flag them!!
                    88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Does replying to this thread make me a spammer too???

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
                        say it isn't so,

I asked this question yesterday, and it got deleted,

I will make it my duty to flag them!!
                        It is hard to believe lol.

Should not of been deleted. Locked or sent to the recycle bin would of been the correct thing to do, or just replied to it would of been best.

Honestly it's the ones in threads that are hard to find. But the ones in the wide open are easy to see and delete.

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        Does replying to this thread make me a spammer too???

t
                        No, cause you didn't try to tell me how to have smooth skin or what the score was of the ball game that was on! Haha!

But anyways there is a plugin in place that when we ban a spammer, it bans their IP too. Also there are 2 questions to answer when you join, they are pretty easy though... And a image verification to type in to verify you are human.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Is there any plan to implement something like a captcha for creating topics? I'm not sure if spam bots have a way around that though.

Comment

Originally posted by zig553 View Post
                            Is there any plan to implement something like a captcha for creating topics? I'm not sure if spam bots have a way around that though.
                            There is already a captcha in place when you sign up. Since the spam is a human behind it. I'm sure that they will just type in the captcha and go on and post if one is in place for creating topics.

The owner (James) would be the best to talk about this and what he has planned. I know an upgrade has been in the works for awhile. When it will happen, I don't know.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                              Fixed it a week ago?...I presume you're talking about my M30 stopping on me a few months ago? The CPS took a shit and fried the DME. I cannot think of any other mods that had an issue with their cars. I kinda let my e30 sit because the weather was so hot that I drove the e36 328 that has ice cold AC ;D

To others bitching about spam, I am among a handful on here that daily move spam, I know for a fact that Nando, Agent, JasonC and myself move a good deal of it. It's always funny to request the spam moved to the spam section to have a notice that it is already in the box a few seconds after you selected the move. That is how I know for a fact that many of us on here do our very best to keep it clean and spotless for you noobs to make a new thread asking if an 885 head will fit on a eta/seta or what coilovers to use...

So, let's just take a look at what the spam does here...NOTHING you have to click on the spam link after clicking the new thread they created. I swear some people on here lack any form of a life offline.
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                              X