Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just FYI: Lowes is having a sale on t8 LED bulbs. $1.08 each.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just FYI: Lowes is having a sale on t8 LED bulbs. $1.08 each.

I picked up 16 of them (4 x 4 pack @5 each) and two fixtures for $15 each (I'll add two more later on)

If your store carried the 16 pack, you can get them for about a buck each. There are 4" T8's direct replacements.

Deets here: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...d.php?t=394739
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Nice
    AWD > RWD

Comment

oooo, me likey. Thanks, George.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

From the little research I've done they aren't the brightest LED bulbs you can buy, but $1 vs $7 they are worth it. Installed them in my shop a few days ago with temporary nails - just to get them up, and totally happy with them.

Comment

Dang.. Though I need to finish raising the roof so I can get the lift installed. Then I can go apesh*t with the lighting.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

For a second there, I thought they were supposed to fit into an e30 somehow.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              For a second there, I thought they were supposed to fit into an e30 somehow.
              Yeah, underglow ftw

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Dammit! I need 8' :(

Just ordered a 4 pack of t12 8' LED retro fits for the shop @ $15ea. Really wish the 8' would come down in price. I have 7 fixtures (14 bulbs) and have been dying to swap them out, but they are cost prohibitive. The fluorescent bulbs only last about 1.5yr, and are ~$5-8ish each (closer to 8 for the good daylight bright).

Hopefully, with the 4' coming down the way they are, the 8' won't be far behind.

EDIT: For comparison sake: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Ele...D-RP/206036837

At $44 a pop, it would cost me over $600 to change over using a big box store. Instead I got the retrofit (have to bypass ballast) for $15ea or ~$200 to retrofit the shop by shopping Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM773T6...1DA2KKWW?th=1#

The only bad reviews they got was they sag, but these: https://www.amazon.com/JESLED-Fluore...5NFEB10XTVQ5WS are supposed to fix that.
                Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 07-02-2018, 01:24 PM.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Dammit! I need 8' :(
                  I'm sure they know that if you need 8 footers, you're a institution or a business.

I wouldn't count on the price dropping on those.

Comment

Gee, George, thanks for the kind words :p

On another note, the LED tubes are pretty awesome. Huge difference in lighting. Started with one box of 4, changed the side lights next to the lifts, and one overhead. Was well worth the $15/bulb. Can see the difference in the pic, but the pic doesn't do it justice compared to real life.

(ignore the mess, still having the "spring cleaning" sale, stuff is everywhere)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	shop lite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7197301
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

I just got a bunch of LED fixtures at costco for $20 a peice. For the brightness (they are insane imo), I dont see how you can beat it unless you already have the fixtures.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I read about those. I have a costco membership, but they seemed to have stopped selling them a while back I could be wrong, but it's not in the store, web site, etc.

Comment

they have them now, at least up here in Bellingham.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Gee, George, thanks for the kind words :p

On another note, the LED tubes are pretty awesome. Huge difference in lighting. Started with one box of 4, changed the side lights next to the lifts, and one overhead. Was well worth the $15/bulb. Can see the difference in the pic, but the pic doesn't do it justice compared to real life.

(ignore the mess, still having the "spring cleaning" sale, stuff is everywhere)...

[ATTACH]122322[/ATTACH]
                            Topless mechanic must be bringing all the business!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              Topless mechanic must be bringing all the business!

HAHA! It's a friend checking out the ix. Total beach bum, always in flip flops, shirtless half the time. I was wondering when/if someone would mention it. I'm pretty much a one man shop that has a couple of flat rate guys that come in and help when buried with work.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Working...
                              X