DIY - Euro Ellipsoid Headlight Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC325iC
    ok guys ive got one more question to bring back this old thread. ok so im gonna be hookin up some euro elips to my stock wiring, since i have us ellips this is no big deal and i dont have any questions for this, BUT for the citi light, i have my sidemarkers hooked up to my turn signals so they blink, i dont want my citi lights to blink, how do i do this, thanks
    find the wires that were giving the constant power to your sidemarkers.
    use that wire.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get a kit that basically uses the HIDs as the lowbeams AND highbeams, with something blocking the lights so they're bright, but low and when flicking the switch for the high beams, it movies the obstructing screen.

Comment

Yep, it's called Bi-Xenon technology. All newer BMWs with HID headlights use that technology, and then the inner lights are used as flash-brights, daytime running lights, and driveway/sidewalk illumination.
        :wgaf:

Comment

Is there a dual-filament bulb that will fit the euro elips?
          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco
            ok, sorry but I don't get it. Does anyone have pictures?

what part are you confused about?

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
              what part are you confused about?
              I am trying to swap the lights on my 90 with some ellips I'm taking out of an 89 but I also need to put the sealed beams I take off my 90 onto the 89. Can I not switch the connectors/terminals in some easy fashion? On the 90, I have a yellow, white and brown wire, on the 89 there is a a brown and white only.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                I am trying to swap the lights on my 90 with some ellips I'm taking out of an 89 but I also need to put the sealed beams I take off my 90 onto the 89. Can I not switch the connectors/terminals in some easy fashion? On the 90, I have a yellow, white and brown wire, on the 89 there is a a brown and white only.

You could use the connectors out of the 90 in the 89 but cause the 89 only has a hot and a ground, when you turn on your highs the low will proboply stay on as a low and not light up the high filament in the low bulb since it is a duel filament light. And when you put the elips in the 90 you can only use the yellow wire for the low brown is the ground. You'll have to do the relay jump to make your low stay on when you turn on your highs in your 90.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I just capped them off and tied them out of the way mine.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I just capped them off and tied them out of the way mine.
                    yeah, I missed that on page 1, sorry. So what purpose did they serve on the 90 and how will it affect the 89 when I put the sealed beams on it?

Also "Now for the driving lights, you simply splice into your sidemarkers, pretty simple, 2 wires." I thought the low beams are the "driving lights"? What exactly is meant by splicing into my sidemarkers?

Thanks

Comment

yeah, I missed that on page 1, sorry. So what purpose did they serve on the 90 and how will it affect the 89 when I put the sealed beams on it?

Your sealed beams on the 90 had a duel filament in the low, so when the highs was turned on the high filament in the low came on also. And when you put the sealed beams in the 89, only the low filament will stay on instead of both filaments in the low when highs are on since there is no 3ed wire for the high filament in the low on the 89.

for the driving lights or city lights, like you said splice into the side marker light, splicing is just cutting or peeling a part on the wire and connecting your other wire into it.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

So I will have to jump the #30 pin on both the 90 and 89 or can I splice the white wire with the yellow on the lows on the ellips? And what's up with the side marker splice, what do I splice them too? Thanks

Comment

So I will have to jump the #30 pin on both the 90 and 89 or can I splice the white wire with the yellow on the lows on the ellips? And what's up with the side marker splice, what do I splice them too? Thanks

You'll have to do the relay jump on the 90 for the lows to stay on with the highs, don't hook up the yellow and white wire together it won't work, i tried it. And on the 89 you'll proboply have to do some different things to see what will work. You do have the euro elips with the little 5w light in the top? Or are they the US ones.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I don't know how to tell the difference.... I don't see two wires at the top of my ellips so I assume that makes them US, correct? and if so I don't have to worry about the driving lights....

Comment

I don't know how to tell the difference.... I don't see two wires at the top of my ellips so I assume that makes them US, correct? and if so I don't have to worry about the driving lights....

You are correct,, they are the US ones.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

You are correct,, they are the US ones.
                                Thanks for your help bro. I was making it more complicated then it was. I just need to figure out how to wire the sealed beams on the 89 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X