13 Button OBC Tricks & Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Button OBC Tricks & Easter Eggs

I learned something cool and new yesterday from Adam F88is that I'd never known.

If you press the 1000 and the 1 button at the same time, it tells you how much fuel is left in liters!

Now tell me the rest of the tricks!

I already also know about:

The CODE button is used as a theft detterent by cutting the fuel when used. You enter a code after turning your car off while it's still in the 1 position. You save the code by removing the key. The car will not start unless the code is entered again.
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

I was messing with the code button and wondering what it was the other day. Good thing i stopped..
    http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

If an attempt to start with the code engaged is repeated three times, the alarm will go off.
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

On the back there is a switch i belive for converting to metric or english i believe.

Comment

No, it's not a switch on the front, it's a sequence of numbers you press and hold in order to convert from metric to english...
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

To switch from metric count to american standard count, select RANGE and then using a ballpoint pen, press the small reset button in the bottom right corner. This will show a different count for: Range, AVG MPG, AVG MPH, and TEMP.
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva
              No, it's not a switch on the front, it's a sequence of numbers you press and hold in order to convert from metric to english...
              I must be thinking of the 6-button computer than.

Comment

To reset the OBC: turn the ignition to the accessory position, push the code button on the OBC, now hold the pin hole button in until it resets.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                  To switch from metric count to american standard count, select RANGE and then using a ballpoint pen, press the small reset button in the bottom right corner. This will show a different count for: Range, AVG MPG, AVG MPH, and TEMP.

Select AVG MPG, not Range.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

anyone know what the "memo" key on 6 button OBCs does?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva
                      metric to english...
                      :-? :loco:
                      sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Originally posted by e30 Groupie
                        anyone know what the "memo" key on 6 button OBCs does?
                        It makes a ding (through the door chime) on the hour. Reason? I don't know.

Comment

The memo button sets off the door gong one minute before the hour. The reason is to remind you to turn on the radio to get the news/road conditions. It says that somewhere in the owner’s manual.

I wish my 1991 325i with sport package came with an OBC. My bill of sale shows the original owner paid $1900 USD for sport package but I don't have an OBC. Premium sound didn't come with the sport package either - that was another few hundred extra :-/

-Spencer

Comment

I retrofitted an OBC in my car. It's extremely easy to do. Just need the wiring harness (runs from the back of the cluster to the OBC) and the actual OBC. Of course, it requires much more if you want the code function to work.

Comment

So here's my issue: my speedo and my OBC AVG MPH having nothing to do with each other. From the various tests I've performed it seems like the speed reading on the OBC is pretty much accurate and the speedo is about 5 mph faster. Is this something you guys have noticed?
                              Last edited by Fidhle007; 07-31-2006, 10:59 PM.
                              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Working...
                              X