Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeedler
    just messin with you!!!
    bet you all didnt know that if it starts blinking and crap, if you punch the dash, usually it starts working again.
    Oh I thought that was the temp gauge reset all this time!
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

In addition to 1000+1, you can also do 100+1 to see the coding plug firmware version you are running.

Don't bother trying to 'upgrade' to a higher number though, the typ codes go by which engine you have so all the range and mpg calculations are correct.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

I quess anyyone could figure this out, but driving constant speed and reseting average speed lets you know the "OBC speed".
        Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
        BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
        BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
        BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
          I quess anyyone could figure this out, but driving constant speed and reseting average speed lets you know the "OBC speed".
          That's a great trick too because as far as my research has found the OBC speed is bang on. I usually set my cruise right around 80 mph on the highway and then adjust it up or down 'til the OBC says I'm doing around 74.5. It's a little risky but if there's lots of traffic I'm usually fine and there is much less risk of my foot getting carried away and going over...
          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I knew about the fuel read but I didn't know about the code deal, thats hot...oh well analog clock FTW

Comment

^wrd up. i have a 13 button obc in my 90 325is, and i never use it. love the analog in the touring
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                ^wrd up. i have a 13 button obc in my 90 325is, and i never use it. love the analog in the touring
                I'll trade you my analog for your touring !! I'm in search of one, my Girlfriend has family in Canada one of which runs a car lot and does the auctions so i'm hoping to slide into one I am currently obsessed with this one

minus the eyelids with black windows and an euro S50 it would be perfect.!

Comment

cot damn thats hot. azev type a 17xX? 9"? i really like those wheels...
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Anybody ever run into the 13 button displaying a " ---UHR " ?

-Ran into some guys with this showing, can't figure out what that could possibly mean.

-B

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                      Anybody ever run into the 13 button displaying a " ---UHR " ?

-Ran into some guys with this showing, can't figure out what that could possibly mean.

-B

mine shows that when my battery is disconected. when i go to set the clock it is in 24 hour mode.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It's another version of the time display, I'm assuming a German one... When the battery is disconnected it automaticly defaults to UHR and Kilometers Per Gallon. When you get your time and date set if you go to the MPG screen and hit reset it will cycle you through the three display options: Metric (KPH and UHR) Another Metric (Imp: Imperial Miles per Gallon) and Dumb American Mode (What we all know and love...) I'll have to check my manual at some point again, because I know it described where the three different modes were intended for.
                        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Uhr means hour in German.

If you want to say "2 o'clock" in German, you'll say "zwei uhr"

I havn't noticed the --UHR reading, but I imagine it's time...
                          (.Y.) R cool.
                          Falco rocks!

Comment

Thanks for the explain. I don't know the history of the car....just that it's a convertible that was dead for a while and is being transplanted with a new motor and interior work too - looks like a few wires were messed with, so I bet they had the battery disconnected for a length of time.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS View Post
                              In addition to 1000+1, you can also do 100+1 to see the coding plug firmware version you are running.

Don't bother trying to 'upgrade' to a higher number though, the typ codes go by which engine you have so all the range and mpg calculations are correct.
                              My range dosent show up right. ill have like almost an empty tank and it will show up 147 miles left. i swaped out clusters... could that be why?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

how bout the 4 way switch on back of OBC, can't figure it.

Comment

Working...
                                X