No announcement yet.

JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know which camber plates are compatible with these coils? I can't find any supplier that makes compatible plates.

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
      doesn't wheel hop have to do with ratio of springs rates and softer tires?
      yes, i'm saying i think what I thought was wheel hop ended up being a problem with the rears being too soft.
      -Alex

Comment

Good review. I was planning on getting a set of my late model DD at some point.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wnamane View Post
          Does anyone know which camber plates are compatible with these coils? I can't find any supplier that makes compatible plates.

The R3V sponsor, Ground Control, has several different ones for the e30 that will work with generic coilovers.
          Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
          Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
          Ground Control facebook page

Comment

What else should someone buy with these? Bushings, control arms etc?

Comment

Originally posted by RawToast View Post
              What else should someone buy with these? Bushings, control arms etc?
              I think that's a given, your car will perform way better with new suspension bits. Hell, even a stock e30 with refreshed suspension performs well but in regards to the JOMs, they are exactly as described.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                I think that's a given, your car will perform way better with new suspension bits. Hell, even a stock e30 with refreshed suspension performs well but in regards to the JOMs, they are exactly as described.
                That's what I mean, what should I buy lol?

Comment

Originally posted by RawToast View Post
                  That's what I mean, what should I buy lol?
                  Well, what's worn lol?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

are those comso camber plate?
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

So I have a question.
                      Are the struts shortened to compensate for the height?
                      Or are they always going to be compressed?
                      Markert Motorworks is reccomending a grab some height adjusted strut mounts to compensate, if the struts arent shortened.
                      Any thoughts guys?
                      I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
                        -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                          I'm not really sure what you are asking. The shocks are stock length, there is no modification required to run these. How low do you plan on running these? All the way down? Then if you care how your car rides, get shortened housings. Leaving it at a reasonable height? Plenty of shock travel.
                          Rears with no adjusters and fronts probably most of the way down. what im really asking is, will it be fine to run on stock strut mounts with these?
                          The shock will obviously be compressed more due to the height drop, so should the shock be compensated?
                          I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                            Rears with no adjusters and fronts probably most of the way down. what im really asking is, will it be fine to run on stock strut mounts with these?
                            The shock will obviously be compressed more due to the height drop, so should the shock be compensated?
                            Just don't drop it all the way down..

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                              Yes. Keep in mind though I put on undersized tires. Some poor calculations on my end. Also it's an 87 so I have higher arches. Late model with proper sized tires it would look much better.
                              What rear tire size are you running? Wheel and tire specs?

Comment

Curious Bump~

Comment

Working...
                                X