Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was funny... I did giggle a little bit
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      i couldn't even get through the first 30 seconds of wannabe-mtv-style production

where do you find this garbage, and can we get a better cliff's notes
      Where do you find a video from a page with 2.9m subs? I wouldn't exactly call that obscure.

While I don't watch crowder vids for their thought provoking abilities, they are good for a chuckle. I like his change my mind clips.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        Where do you find a video from a page with 2.9m subs? I wouldn't exactly call that obscure.

While I don't watch crowder vids for their thought provoking abilities, they are good for a chuckle. I like his change my mind clips.
        *shrug* i'd never heard of the dude, but i don't spend a lot of time on youtube in general

his presentation style isn't for me and definitely shouldn't be the first thing i watch after i wake up, but i got through it after having my coffee

calling for killing cops in public posts on FB seems like a really good way to attract the wrong kind of attention to yourself, and if he hasn't already gotten a door-knock about it than either law enforcement isn't paying attention, or they are and a threat assessment flagged him low-risk. i consider the latter more likely

ICE is tangential to the discussion, in my mind, but direct attacks on them would be counterproductive, because they'd just be able to use incident reports to argue for more funding and equipment

things have been pretty quiet in the bay antifa movement for a few months now; i haven't heard of anything since the proud boys showed up at the BLM-organized protest for the murder of nia wilson, and everyone i know has done what i said we would-

go back to our lives, do our jobs, and engage in whatever we love doing- that's music (i had a gig during halloween work and the crowd response said i didn't suck) and work on the kawi (picking it up from the shop for its 500 mile oil change and chain adjustment and a couple of go-fast goodies today so you're going to have a tough time ruining my good mood) for me, visual art for others, creating and playing video games for still others

well ok, the crew at work did calmly ask a trio that showed up during halloween week in WWI-era german uniforms (historically inaccurate because they added swastikas) to leave the premises, but that's really all i've got to report
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

calling for killing cops in public posts on FB seems like a really good way to attract the wrong kind of attention to yourself, and if he hasn't already gotten a door-knock about it than either law enforcement isn't paying attention, or they are and a threat assessment flagged him low-risk. i consider the latter more likely
          It's also kinda, you know, wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
            It's also kinda, you know, wrong.
            forgive me for considering my audience's intelligence level and not saying that thing we all already knew
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

Man, seriously brave stuff here......

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Sure you want to be associated with this group?

Hours after an Antifa mob showed up at the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson, an affiliated account published his home address and the home address of his brother Buckley Carlson — along with the addresses of Ann Coulter, Daily Caller’s Neil Patel, and Sean Hannity.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

not an action i'd participate in, but

“I can’t really go to a lot of restaurants anymore because I get yelled at,” Carlson said. “I don’t feel threatened, but having someone scream,‘F*** you!’ at a restaurant, it just wrecks your meal.”
                  that inaudible sound is a violin so small only dogs can hear it

i'm sorry, but anyone who supports this presidency doesn't get to fall back on "can't we just have calm and reasonable discourse"
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

i'm sorry, but anyone who supports this presidency doesn't get to fall back on "can't we just have calm and reasonable discourse"
                    A convenient statement considering your involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                      A convenient statement considering your involvement.
                      i've detailed direct action i've taken in this thread

what involvement, specifically, are you talking about?
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

what involvement, specifically, are you talking about?
                        Your involvement in antifa as stated in this thread.

Stating that a person who supports the democratically elected president of the USA is not worth engaging in a reasonable political discussion fits with antifa's and the left's general ideology.

I don't particularly like Trump but I like America and support democracy. It's convenient for someone associated with an organization engaged in violence to state "... anyone who supports this presidency doesn't get to fall back on "can't we just have calm and reasonable discourse"" because it excuses violence towards that 1/2 of the population with an alternative viewpoint.

Stating that trump supporters are not worthy of a calm and reasonable discussion is a way of excusing Antifa's violent and illegal activities towards those citizens.

I disagree with that because I support calm and reasonable discourse.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                          Your involvement in antifa as stated in this thread.
                          i guess you didn't understand the question, because that is not at all specific

fascism is violence

if you're going to say that violence is never acceptable, then hoo boy do i have a lot of state-sponsored violence to tell you about

like the time i got hit by an Oakland cop for telling the proud boys that their message of hate at a public funeral for a murdered black girl wasn't welcome- yeah, i might have been shouting, but shouting is not violence

like the time i was surrounded by SFPD for carrying a "water is life" flag at a nodapl protest and doing literally nothing other than standing there silently

these are the kind of actions that give rise to resistance movements. i have never tried to pretend that antifa in america is doing something new; there are many historical examples

fix the root cause and we go away. we want that to happen
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

fascism is violence

if you're going to say that violence is never acceptable, then hoo boy do i have a lot of state-sponsored violence to tell you about

like the time i got hit by an Oakland cop for telling the proud boys that their message of hate at a public funeral for a murdered black girl wasn't welcome- yeah, i might have been shouting, but shouting is not violence

like the time i was surrounded by SFPD for carrying a "water is life" flag at a nodapl protest and doing literally nothing other than standing there silently

these are the kind of actions that give rise to resistance movements. i have never tried to pretend that antifa in america is doing something new; there are many historical examples

fix the root cause and we go away. we want that to happen
                            How ironic is it that Antifa is supposed to be anti-fascist, all the while being blatantly fascist in its methods and actions? I’m surprised for someone who actually cares enough to protest that you don’t see through their bullshit.

Frankly the anti-fascist is a misdirect
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              How ironic is it that Antifa is supposed to be anti-fascist, all the while being blatantly fascist in its methods and actions? I’m surprised for someone who actually cares enough to protest that you don’t see through their bullshit.

Frankly the anti-fascist is a misdirect
                              i'm sorry gwb, but the idea that all ideas deserve equal time and consideration is fatuous

why do we have a military, ostensibly?

because reality is that sometimes diplomacy fails

the real irony here is that conservatives prepped and stocked up on ammo throughout the entire obama administration, thinking they were going to be taken away to concentration camps, and now that leftists are pissed off that that's a thing that is actually happening and some of us will *do* something about it, they're screaming bloody murder

possibly they're feeling inadequate because they never did anything other than buy rounds from bass pro shops and post on facebook
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

fascism is violence
                                My understanding of Antifa is based on your posts in this thread and the violence antifa has committed. I had no exposure prior to R3V. Read what you have posted in this thread which you began. This is as specific as the internet can get.

Your group advocates violence and is therefore by your definition fascist.

Antifa is fascist.

I disagree with fascism, change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X