R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #6316
Stanley Rockafella
No R3VLimiter
 
Stanley Rockafella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Van City
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWhite View Post
Enjoy it for what it is, and let us know.
This
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
Keep your head up. But make the right choice, not the heated choice.
If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!
Stanley Rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #6317
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 8,322
Getting moved into my shop. Took over lease from a couple friends. They got 1 more car to move out which is the 240z and then its just me and my cars with my buddies e46 m3 temporarily. Can see i got the 2002 back home and is in the back corner. I was standing about half way down the shop in the pic so I got much more room to play. Gonna get my took boxes moved in, buy a two post lift, tig welder, 60 gallon air compressor, welding table and other misc shop things and be able to build my cars. The floors need a good scrubbing though

ThatOneEuroE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #6318
supermansocks95
Mod Crazy
 
supermansocks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: McPherson, Kansas
Posts: 639
Highlight of my weekend: Fisting my car's engine bay shoulder deep, trying to force the hard piping back into place to reattach the coupler that blew off at the turbo. Shop didn't tighten it as much as they should have. Oh well, not gonna complain too much.
__________________
88 325i Cabrio
04 Neon SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.
supermansocks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #6319
Stanley Rockafella
No R3VLimiter
 
Stanley Rockafella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Van City
Posts: 3,572
Lady in BC Canada, gets angry at Tim Hortons staff, takes dump, then proceeds to throw it at the employees.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uJsLc_1526456276
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
Keep your head up. But make the right choice, not the heated choice.
If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!
Stanley Rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #6320
flyboyx
R3V OG
 
flyboyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 7,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
Lady in BC Canada, gets angry at Tim Hortons staff, takes dump, then proceeds to throw it at the employees.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uJsLc_1526456276
seems reasonable
__________________

Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #6321
wworm
E30 Enthusiast
 
wworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SF Bay CA
Posts: 1,157
way more casual than I was expecting wow.
wworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #6322
MrBurgundy
No R3VLimiter
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 33.8170 N 118.0373 W
Posts: 3,342
Thats my first step in any conflict resolution


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholepailofwater View Post
Q


WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)
MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #6323
Stanley Rockafella
No R3VLimiter
 
Stanley Rockafella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Van City
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wworm View Post
way more casual than I was expecting wow.
that's how all our business transactions happen in Canada.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
Keep your head up. But make the right choice, not the heated choice.
If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!
Stanley Rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #6324
Reichart12
E30 Fanatic
 
Reichart12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,394
My e30 made the 2200 mile trek from Maryland to Montana! Couldn't be happier to have it back in my possession and running (although with a stock 2.5).
__________________

Instagram: Reichart12
Reichart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #6325
MR E30 325is
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 2,761
^ Nice! I always loved putting my old E30 through long distance stints. Always made me proud when I wrapped up the trip without issue.
__________________
My previous build.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

The Secret Santa 2017 has ended. Thank you to all who participated this year!
MR E30 325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #6326
MrBurgundy
No R3VLimiter
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 33.8170 N 118.0373 W
Posts: 3,342
[QUOTE=Reichart12;4896461 (although with a stock 2.5).[/QUOTE]

A stock 2.5 is great! those things just hum away on the highway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholepailofwater View Post
Q


WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)
MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #6327
Reichart12
E30 Fanatic
 
Reichart12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,394
2-2.5 hours between stops was ok. Stretching to 3+ hours between breaks became quite uncomfortable. Only problem came from the battery terminal coming unhooked the first day and me thinking my alternator died and didn't charge the battery. Was 7 hours into the trip at that point.

And yeah, the b25 is great. My first time driving one. Car started as a b27 and then I stroked a b25 to 2.9L but now back to a b25 for a bit.
__________________

Instagram: Reichart12
Reichart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #6328
flyboyx
R3V OG
 
flyboyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston, tx
Posts: 7,794
Sometimes when it rains, it pours they say.

Last week, I did the 1 hour drive to our rental to mow the lawn. I was there for a couple hours when my wife called. Apparently the a/c stopped working at the house we live in. Ok, I dropped what I was doing and headed home thinking it probably needed a new capacitor or line contractor. Nope. Not the case. The compressor was drawing 140 amps and blowing the circuit breaker. The outside condensing unit was completely shot. I check out craigslist and offer up for a 4 ton r22 unit. I find a four year old Carrier about an hour away. I call, set up a time, buy it, drive an hour back home and set to work. Four hours later, we are pumping cool air at about 5 minutes to midnight. The whole shebang set us back about 500 bucks which is really cheap I know.

4 days ago, the guests in our Airbnb rental call to say there is water leaking from the ceiling in the house. I drive the hour down there to see what is up. Turns out one of the flexible lines to the water heater sprung a pinhole leak and was pissing water all over the insulation in the attic and dripping through the ceiling. Fuck! The immediate fix was simply to turn off the water and drive to Home Depot for a new flex line. The long term fix is to let it dry out so I can replace the Sheetrock on the ceiling and walls in the bedroom closet.

Two days ago, my wife is dropping off the grand baby at our daughters place when she calls to say the 2013 x1 overheated. I drive out to her and find the reservoir still full of fluid. We get it towed to our house for a hundred bucks. The next morning, my wife rents a car to get to work and I source an electric water pump, thermostat and associated parts from the stealership for 750 bucks. I could have gotten the parts cheaper from rock auto, but I would have had to wait 3 days. I spend the rest of the afternoon changing it out. This is a total pain in the ass shitty job by the way.

Today, after throwing a shitload of cash at that stupid car, “we” decide to trade it in on a new Honda Accord. How much upside down were we? Only 7800 bucks. Fuck new bmw’s. They can suck a gallon of shit out of my asshole.

Sorry for the rant.....carry on.....
__________________

Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Last edited by flyboyx; 05-23-2018 at 04:45 PM.
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #6329
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 15,914
^

I feel for Flyboy, dealing with a bunch of shit the last few weeks myself. Maybe in a little while I will be comfortable enough to share more details beyond the fact my wife called me on May 3rd, I had to fly home in the middle of a job on May 4th, and have been in Rochester MN since May 9th...........
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #6330
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 8,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyx View Post
Sometimes when it rains, it pours they say.

Last week, I did the 1 hour drive to our rental to mow the lawn. I was there for a couple hours when my wife called. Apparently the a/c stopped working at the house we live in. Ok, I dropped what I was doing and headed home thinking it probably needed a new capacitor or line contractor. Nope. Not the case. The compressor was drawing 140 amps and blowing the circuit breaker. The outside condensing unit was completely shot. I check out craigslist and offer up for a 4 ton r22 unit. I find a four year old Carrier about an hour away. I call, set up a time, buy it, drive an hour back home and set to work. Four hours later, we are pumping cool air at about 5 minutes to midnight. The whole shebang set us back about 500 bucks which is really cheap I know.

4 days ago, the guests in our Airbnb rental call to say there is water leaking from the ceiling in the house. I drive the hour down there to see what is up. Turns out one of the flexible lines to the water heater sprung a pinhole leak and was pissing water all over the insulation in the attic and dripping through the ceiling. Fuck! The immediate fix was simply to turn off the water and drive to Home Depot for a new flex line. The long term fix is to let it dry out so I can replace the Sheetrock on the ceiling and walls in the bedroom closet.

Two days ago, my wife is dropping off the grand baby at our daughters place when she calls to say the 2013 x1 overheated. I drive out to her and find the reservoir still full of fluid. We get it towed to our house for a hundred bucks. The next morning, my wife rents a car to get to work and I source an electric water pump, thermostat and associated parts from the stealership for 750 bucks. I could have gotten the parts cheaper from rock auto, but I would have had to wait 3 days. I spend the rest of the afternoon changing it out. This is a total pain in the ass shitty job by the way.

Today, after throwing a shitload of cash at that stupid car, we decide to trade it in on a new Honda Accord. How much upside down were we? Only 7800 bucks. Fuck new bmws. They can suck a gallon of shit out of my asshole.

Sorry for the rant.....carry on.....


Man you werent kidding you got shit on. Oddly enough the water pump you did was one of the easier ones cause its an N20. But the N20 is pile of shit sewing machine
ThatOneEuroE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC