No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO nice to see more r3vers getting into these trucks!
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Removed a gigantic resonator from the RR today, giving me what's commonly referred to as the "Poor man's Borla" on the RR forums.

Deleted final resonator before exhaust splits off to go to the mufflers. No drone at highway speeds, can't hear it over the radio, absolutely perfect in my o...

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Bought this, 1989 South African 110 with a galvanised frame and a V8
        Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Yes :up:

Comment

holy moly thats great
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

That is badass!

Was out yanking bushes at a buddy’s house with the P38 yesterday. It did not spontaneously combust

Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 05-12-2018, 06:16 PM.
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                That is badass!

Was out yanking bushes at a buddy’s house with the P38 yesterday. It did not spontaneously combust

Lately I'm starting to like p38's more and more!

Need to pick up a new daily around october as with the new emissions zone in Brussels my e34 is no longer allowed in Brussels next year....And when I would drive in Brussels next year I'd get a 350 euro fine each time I enter the city!

So either a
                Disco 2 TD5 (great mod potential, no access to Brussels)
                Disco 2 V8 and convert it to LPG, would probably be a RHD UK import then as they are impossible to find here
                Diesel Range Rover l322
                Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Looking into getting a land rover for a weekend vehicle and occasional off-road/overland rig. Prices are looking excellent for Disco 2's and p38's...Is there a reason to get one vs. the other? I was partial to the Disco 2's, but the looks of the RR are kinda starting to sway me...

Comment

^my buddy with a rrc says he sometimes wishes he had a disco...I feel like discos are a pretty nice balance between comfort and function
                    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                      ^my buddy with a rrc says he sometimes wishes he had a disco...I feel like discos are a pretty nice balance between comfort and function
                      I'm stuck between looks on both, as well as upgrade capability. It looks like there is more aftermarket support for the discovery. Is there any difference in the 4x4 system between models? Still trying to figure out the whole center locking diff piece as I am used to trucks with front or rear lockers.

Comment

I would go with the Discovery based simply on the aftermarket support alone.
                        On top of that, few things look better than an old school Disco set up for overlanding!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                          I would go with the Discovery based simply on the aftermarket support alone.
                          On top of that, few things look better than an old school Disco set up for overlanding!
                          I can honestly say I prefer the looks of an RRC set up for overlanding but discos do look so damn good when outfitted. that said I would get a disco over an rrc. It seems like they ironed out some kinks and beefed up a significant portion of the drivetrain compared to rrc's.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            I can honestly say I prefer the looks of an RRC set up for overlanding but discos do look so damn good when outfitted. that said I would get a disco over an rrc. It seems like they ironed out some kinks and beefed up a significant portion of the drivetrain compared to rrc's.
                            That being said, a p38 is a second gen range rover, not a classic. But I think you are both right. I think the disco 2 is the way to go.

Comment

Don't poke a hole through the tread of the PO's Hankook A/T's on a sharp rock, 35 miles up a rocky road from the nearest small town.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7197038

Luckily this dinky Continental mini spare got them home. He decided to get a full set of BFG E range A/T's, get a used steel wheel in 18", and put the best old tire on there for a spare. It hoists up under the back floor with a little hand-crank winch from inside. It'll hang down a bit more, but then you've get a real tire if you're stuck somewhere.

Comment

IMG_3847

IMG_3849

I see this beauty a few times a week, parked around the corner from my house. Love this thing.
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X