No announcement yet.

Colorado 4x4 Trip | August 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not gonna be able to make it those days unfortunately, can't get off work that weekend :/
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
      Making me regret selling my Jeep. Sadly my soccer mom mobile Honda Pilot isn't really a 4X4 by any stretch of the imagination.
      You got 7 months to get something cool ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      Not gonna be able to make it those days unfortunately, can't get off work that weekend :/
      Bummer...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Just a quick bump, im going to start looking for the '2' campsites soon, if anyone has any suggestions they find or know somewhere in either area they have camped before let me know.

Figure find a site(s) that can handle at least 6 trucks since im assuming our vehicle count will be 3-5.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Bump. Summer is just around the corner :D

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I am getting excited.

I will most likely join the trip on the night of the 30th, in whatever place you guys make it to from Boulder.

I have a list of maintenance items to do to the truck. Will be starting it in a month or so.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Once i get back from break im going to use my free time to try and snipe the campsites. Gonna look during the daily Pickup Truck craigslist search with my morning coffee.

Gonna attempt to find larger group sites first, i think that would be cooler then 2-3 double sites.
              willschnitz

Comment

Interesting. Drive 4 Corners is the weekend before this so I might have to choose one or the other.

Though it's not a 4x4 trail, and it's pretty touristy, Trail Ridge Road is pretty epic if you've never done it before.

https://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvis...ridge_road.htm
                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

We are locked in boys, space for 4-6 ish vehicles and their tents. Additional fees depending on who has RoofTopTents by then, but this is right in ouray up the hill so should be a nice site, both right across from eachother.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Awesome! Shoot me a pm with your paypal and I'll throw you some money.

Stoked on this!

Comment

Nah just buy me beer on the trail. Its all good.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Beer it is. I'll bring food as well.

Any requests?

Comment

I don't know if you have ever used a Camp dutch oven before, but Im bringing that for sure, got it for christmas and have yet to use it. So if you have any recipes for that you are welcome to use it on the trail.

Ive noticed things like fajitas, tacos, burritos are all easy to make and serve.

Burgers and brats are also pretty easy.
                            willschnitz

Comment

I got my time off booked so I'm all in for this party

Comment

Any "modified" E30s going to try to the trail? lol. Post pics when the adventure is over. Used to live in Boulder and there are some fantastic stock Toyota 4x4 trails in and around the hills West of town.

Comment

Working...
                                X