Tire size question for lowered ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire size question for lowered ix

I have an ix that is slightly lower and H&R / Bilstein set-up.

Stock tire size is 205-55-15
    Current tires from PO are 195-60-15 - no rubbing issues.
    Do you see any issues with fitment changing to a 205-50-15 tire? Seems to be a bit more selection available than recommend 205-55-15 tire.

For you history buffs out there, current rubber was manufactured in the 48th week of 2004. ( Toyo Ultra 800 premium touring) Still plenty of tread and not weather-checked visibly. But I know they are way past their use-by date.
    "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

it's a little small but it won't hurt anything. you could also look for a 225/50 but there aren't a lot of those either.

Those tires are probably hard as rocks by now.. lol
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

205/50 looks odd on stock wheels- they don't fill out the wells enough.

Is it a daily? Two good affordable choices in 205/55 that I or someone I know has ran on an iX:

DZ102 for summer
      NT450 for high perf all season
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

04?? Man I thought I was bad running on 08's early in my build lol!

I agree with Bob and Nando's advice, I have seen both set-ups and they fit very well

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for your input-

Yeah Nando I think the rubber got so hard the tread quit wearing down anymore about 3 years ago ha ha!

They really look great, plenty of life and no cracks anywhere, really a testament to those Toyo touring tires. They wore perfectly even the whole time they were on my ix. I had a slight bend in one rim, so kept that one on rear past 25K, so didn't even rotate them for that long.

I went with Nitto NT450 in the 205-55-15. Set of 4 shipped to my door for $265 after $75 rebate for memorial day weekend sale at Discount Tire Direct.
          Four sets left online this a.m. Have a new rim finally too to go with the new tires. So I can rotate them now :)
          "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Working...
          X