No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh cool, just looks like a 1" tube in that photo to me is all.... On paper sounds like a good scope, hope the optical elements live up to the reviews, and the value for the dollar is as high as it seems to be
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Ahhh cool, just looks like a 1" tube in that photo to me is all.... On paper sounds like a good scope, hope the optical elements live up to the reviews, and the value for the dollar is as high as it seems to be

We will see in a couple weeks when i get to take it out.

Thats the reason i bought it. All the features for the value combined with stellar reviews I had to give it a try.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

CMP 1911's sales packets are comming out June 4. Interested to see what prices they fetch for aftermarket. They are using a lottery system to select purchasers. Prices will range from $850 to $1050. With some rare models going to auction. Winning selections to take place October 5th.

Maybe it's just me, but military 1911's dont have the allure of the garand, enfield, mauser, or mosin. However the limited supply should guarantee it to be a wise investment firearm.
        Last edited by naplesE30; 05-09-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

While I'd love a GI 1911, yeah the prices will be a little on the high side, at least for me. They will be awesome collector pieces, but I'm not a collector per se, I want stuff that fills a roll and serves a purpose, don't have the space/$$$ for stuff like these.

I just hope they dump a bunch of mags onto the market also. They were selling them but pulled them for some reason.
          Last edited by Rob; 05-10-2018, 05:08 AM.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Just received my competition rig from Red Hill Tactical. It took 6 weeks to receive, but I am very happy with the quality. I went ahead and ordered a second holster for the VP9 after seeing the quality of this one. Very rigid, and good fit.

The tek lok attachments on the mag pouches were a bitch to clamp shut. I ended up using a pliers with a rag after fiddling with them for about 30mins.

Now that the soccer season is over today for my son, I can enter the local gun clubs Thursday matches.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to go to the range more, so I went yesterday. Ruby was definitely the coolest car there :^)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a target from shoot steel. Going up to the farm to do some shooting hoping to get out to 800 yards today with my .270

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Do any of you guys use red dots on your pistols? I have never used one on a pistol so I would like some feedback from guys who have been running them for a while. I am looking at getting a Sig romeo1for my x5 and cant decides between the the 3moa dot or 6moa dot. Will be used for local competition that shoot out to 25yrd max. Also, I have an astigmatism which does affect me a little with Red dots... but hopefully that will be corrected soon as I am going for consultation later this week. Hoping to be a PRK canadite as Lasik seems to have more long term cons than PRK.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    Do any of you guys use red dots on your pistols? I have never used one on a pistol so I would like some feedback from guys who have been running them for a while. I am looking at getting a Sig romeo1for my x5 and cant decides between the the 3moa dot or 6moa dot. Will be used for local competition that shoot out to 25yrd max. Also, I have an astigmatism which does affect me a little with Red dots... but hopefully that will be corrected soon as I am going for consultation later this week. Hoping to be a PRK canadite as Lasik seems to have more long term cons than PRK.
                    there's a steep learning curve. Plan for some of your times to take a hit at first, picking up the dot is not as easy as many assume and can slow a lot down at first as you gyrate the pistol looking for the dot. Although i do think it's not as bad with that style holographic sight (along with Deltapoints and RMRs), I have an Aimpoint T1 in a 6 Second Mount, and took awhile to train up to it.

I would look through the dot, certain dots look a lot better with and without a astigmatism, go with whichever looks cleanest for you. PRK was best money i ever spent, good luck

Comment

I have a friend that got an FN with a romeo red dot on it. Like was mentioned, at first it took a moment to get used to it, like the first mag, after that, it was pretty good. I shot better with the red dot then with the iron sights.

If I could afford it, I'd get one on my g19
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

New rifle showed up, topped with a 1-7 Sightron. Sighted it in and was ringing the gong at 600m with guessed elevation on the 2nd shot, I'll take it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

6.5cr, .308???? Do tell do tell.

Comment

Thought semi autos and especially the evil black ones in particular were no no's in the land of molson?

Even still that looks awesome and yes more details please
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Thought semi autos and especially the evil black ones in particular were no no's in the land of molson?

Even still that looks awesome and yes more details please
                              IIRC it's because the AR15 is a restricted rifle while the AR10 isn't, or less so. Canadian laws are as well thought out as the laws in the states.

Speaking of nonsensical laws, my Tac14 just arrived at my FFL. Will post pictures and poor impressions when in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                New rifle showed up, topped with a 1-7 Sightron. Sighted it in and was ringing the gong at 600m with guessed elevation on the 2nd shot, I'll take it.
                                I have the black and gray nano 8's love those things, didnt see that color before

Comment

Working...
                                X