Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    ^

I kinda like the racing's but if your getting your 1st speedmaster then a moon watch is a way too go....
    *MOTFM, get it right.
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

Picked up a new work beater. 44mm though, think I need to step down to an SKX007.

Comment

I picked up a stunning 1961 18k Omega Seamaster, fully serviced and ready for daily wear!
        Attached Files
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          I picked up a stunning 1961 18k Omega Seamaster, fully serviced and ready for daily wear!
          Nice find. Similar age to mine. (I don't know what year mine was made, but I'm guessing mid 50s to early 60s. )

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Made a new strap for my 61’ Seamaster, reverse black shell Cordovan from Horween Tannery.
            Attached Files
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Clearing out my watch box of items I have not warn in a long time Pics up in a bit have a few more photos taken if wanted.

Next is a Pan homage that I bought from here ( I will find the original fs link) and only worn a hand full of times. Its a Titaninum case that is machined quite well few small marks, with a nice domed saphire crystal with plenty of AR coating to give it that blue hue. A display back shows the hand wind (I assume) Older seagull movement that seems to run just fine and keeps time well enough from what I remember. The leather shows some wear but that came from the P.O. Would like to get what I have in it back. So 170.00 shipped takes this one

Greggs sold it to me and its basically in the very same condition

Thats a cat hair not a scratch @ 1:30ish
              IMG_1616 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

This one I may keep but I am going to offer up if someone wants it and makes me a solid offer. Its a 6138-3002 that AFAIK is all original, 1977 from the crystal to the buckle. Guy I bought it from cleaned it up a bit and the crystal has a little hairline nick in it, and the original band is sized oddly and is a little sloppy but hey its 41 years old. The Chrono still works perfectly so the clutches still work as they should as I type this. Its one of the most accurate autos I have ever had and its very quite. I tracked a couple extra OEM bracelet links to go with it. I love this thing but I just never wear it and it deserves more time..... All this said it likely needs the case/pushers resealed if you were to wear every day, its been my dress watch for a while, but even then I have worn it about 3 times in the last couple years... I think I would have to have about 550 for me to let this one go...

Sorry this pic kinda sucks dont know what I was thinking when I uploaded it
              IMG_1622 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-09-2018, 07:14 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                Picked up a new work beater. 44mm though, think I need to step down to an SKX007.

I got the black samauri around Christmas, love the watch, wish it was on a bracelet though.
                Attached Files
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  I got the black samauri around Christmas, love the watch, wish it was on a bracelet though.
                  How are you guys liking the Samurai's? Am thinking about picking up a Mini Turtle... they run about 2 mm smaller in diameter than the standard Turtle.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    Made a new strap for my 61’ Seamaster, reverse black shell Cordovan from Horween Tannery.
                    nice.. i have a seamaster as well.... will post a pic...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    '90 325i sedan daily driven
                    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                      nice.. i have a seamaster as well.... will post a pic...
                      it's from 1952.it stillkeeps pretty good time... decided not to refinish the face.... it was always kept onboard my grandfathers boat...kinda cool i guess... lol.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                        How are you guys liking the Samurai's? Am thinking about picking up a Mini Turtle... they run about 2 mm smaller in diameter than the standard Turtle.

http://wornandwound.com/seiko-releas...tle-colorways/
                        I have child-like wrists so I'm probably going to part with mine, but they're nice. Not much wow factor though, going to an skx007.

Comment

Trying to clean up the collection today... apparently I am quite the field watch fan....

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                          '95 525iT
                          '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                          '98 Disco 1

Comment

I've picked up a few new pieces over the past year.
                            The least recent pickup, a 1960 Bulova 30J automatic Commander. Keeps good time, but should be serviced (the only date I can find on the caseback is 4-18-92)

Next up, the most expensive watch I have paid for (a whole $94 shipped...)
                            1960 Bulova "His Excellency" I haven't been able to figure out how to open it as it opens through the crystal, but it does keep perfect time. 23J manual wind.

And the last is by far the oldest watch in the collection. A 1942 Bulova Air Warden. This thing is tiny. Like, really small. 17J manual wind. It should also be serviced. It was hard to say no at $29 shipped. Its a very clean watch, runs great. 10K gold plated sterling silver case, stainless back.

I really dig the Air Warden, but I have a feeling it will be tough to find a band long enough for me to wear it.

Size comparison.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Anyone see any of the new watches out of Baselworld this year? For me, Tudor hit it out of the park with their new Black Bay 58. Can't wait to save up my shekels and pick one of these up. Perfect size at 39mm, and they shaved 2 mm of the 14 mm off of the height to bring it down to a slender 11.9mm. I'm not normally into the gold accents, but I think it looks awesome on this one.

Comment

Very nice piece, more suitable size too.

Blackbird you should check this out, your Bulova looks very similar to very very highly sought after pieces.

The first non-civilian wristwatches ever used by British forces, they are some of the most sought after military timepieces today.

Comment

Working...
                                X