Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted on 3/11/10

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post

This is exactly what going to happen here. You're going to ruin your suspension geometry, get wicked bumpsteer and put the thing in to a fucking tree sideways. And we'll all laugh and say 'I told you so', just like we have been on every other stupid idea you've brought up.
    How many internetz do I win?

Comment

Wow. Thats some crystal ball type of shit right there ! impressive.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Wow, this is a bummer. I knew him pretty well, before he went off to college. He funded the whole thing himself, by spending every penny he made on the car. He came by the shop (e30motorwerks) a few times but never had any work done by peerless or me.

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
          i've always found it humorous how threatened a bunch of grown men were by how a high school kid put his car together.

"he's building it the wrong way and he's not receptive to our belittling and insults!"

yeah, no shit ha.

and now a lot of you seem to be really enjoying that the car was destroyed.

kinda weak.
          Upvote.
          1992 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post
            Upvote.
            If you can't hate on the guy just a little, you haven't read any of the threads. For being only 14, he's a Jedi-level dipshit.

Comment

Whatever happen to the motor?

Yeah, 7 year bump!

Comment

Bamp

My Build

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Time will be kind to Japandrew.
                  sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Comment

lol... in 2018 I think a viscous fan is doable without needing to notch the subframe :) That said, in the pics there, it looks to have held up ok with the M30 twisting on it (I wonder how long it was on the road for?)

Thinking about refitting my AC, and been looking at modding an e60 radiator to fit a viscous fan... with mods to the end tanks it should fit and be around half an inch slimmer than the ubiquitous e28 radiator we all use for M30 swaps. No mods to the e30 chassis required ;)
                        Last edited by lukeADE335i; 06-10-2018, 05:42 AM.
                        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Lololololol
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^ i was at the same junkyard i think and saw his engine piled with other junk engine in a bin. Saw all the plated bolts and knew it was his right away.

Clean looking car but he probably hit something and didn't want any i told you so's and never posted again. Good history right here.

oh yea. wups. my homie posted it. :D

maybe he busted the oil pan first and spun out. that's like a 3'' notch closer to the ground. BANG
                            Last edited by LowR3V'in; 06-10-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              maybe he busted the oil pan first and spun out. that's like a 3'' notch closer to the ground. BANG
                              The first drive in the car he lost control and put it into a ditch. It's documented in another thread. Last I heard of him, a neighbor said he was driving one of those Fiat "smart cars" and on year 3 of interning trying to land a job.

Last edited by george graves; 06-11-2018, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Ouch - perhaps it bump steered like mad then, it's not like an M30 swap is THAT powerful that you can't control the car! Then again, if he were on 318i suspension the front would have been pretty floaty with the 45mm struts etc.

If you were to attempt something similar today, it'd be pretty straight forward with subframe spacers, and a bump steer correction kit (like a V8 swap).
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X