No announcement yet.

High School E30 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my e30 2 years when I was a junior in high school......hopefully it will be running soon.

Comment

OP you're young, stupid, and inexperienced. Your driving skill is slightly above average at best, it doesn't matter if your more responsible than your peers, and it doesn't matter if you build your e30 to be the best handling car it can be, theres a high chance you're going to wreck it. Now before you take it all personally stop and think how we all know this. It's because we were all young like you and thought the same way. No you're not different, you're just like every other young kid. J Mid is a picture perfect example, he thought he was a great responsible driver but his mighty 140hp 318i got the best of him and he ended up in a fence. He even has a leg up on most people his age and says he had driver training from former racers. However unlike most people his age he owned up to the mistake, learned from it, and is trying everything in his power to make things right wit everyone/everything involved in the incident(s). I'm only 23 and the difference between 18 year old me and me today is amazing. Stay humble, listen, and don't take criticism personally.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

i am a senior in high school. bought my first e30 (84 eta) when i was 15 for $400. now i have three e30s and two e39s. my advice, if i am even in the place to give advice, is to learn as much as you can from actually doing things to your car. buy a cheap eta and run it until things break. fix them, learn as you do it, and move on to bigger and better things. your first e30 dosent have to be the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          OP you're young, stupid, and inexperienced. Your driving skill is slightly above average at best, it doesn't matter if your more responsible than your peers, and it doesn't matter if you build your e30 to be the best handling car it can be, theres a high chance you're going to wreck it. Now before you take it all personally stop and think how we all know this. It's because we were all young like you and thought the same way. No you're not different, you're just like every other young kid. J Mid is a picture perfect example, he thought he was a great responsible driver but his mighty 140hp 318i got the best of him and he ended up in a fence. He even has a leg up on most people his age and says he had driver training from former racers. However unlike most people his age he owned up to the mistake, learned from it, and is trying everything in his power to make things right wit everyone/everything involved in the incident(s). I'm only 23 and the difference between 18 year old me and me today is amazing. Stay humble, listen, and don't take criticism personally.

How do I put a quote from this in my signature. My new signature is definitely going to be "his mighty 140hp 318i got the best of him and he ended up in a fence."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, good luck. I'm thirty now, my young nephew just picked up his first E30 and loves it. It's fun to see how excited he is.

If you get the chance, look for a "car control" clinic in your area. I know some BMWCCA chapters host them. Many are designed to help younger people find the limits of their car in a controlled environment.

Tire Rack Street Survival - Green Mountain Chapter BMW CCA on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at Diamond Run Mall, Rutland, VT - Saturday, April 29th, 9:00AM-5:00PM The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its...
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

The best takeaway from this thread is that high school girls are now into e30s. Noooiiice
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                The best takeaway from this thread is that high school girls are now into e30s. Noooiiice

I don't really think so, it's more like they see the BMW badge and think oh he must have money.

Comment

Is this the official fuckboi roll call?

Sticky this if so.

I remember when the girls would make fun of me in high school for driving an old bmw and I would use my precision throwing arm to bombard their basic bitch faces with carrots. It was all in good fun.
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                    I don't really think so, it's more like they see the BMW badge and think oh he must have money.

You have this all backwards little man
                    Q

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      You have this all backwards little man

Maybe you have this all backwards?

Comment

Are you telling me that a high school kid with money is a turn off to the girls?
                        Q

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          Are you telling me that a high school kid with money is a turn off to the girls?

No! I'm saying that's the only reason they like e30's! Because they think the drivers are rich cuz their driving a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                            *You're

By the way, why would any high school senior need/have 5 cars? Where are they? Just sitting in the front yard? Do they run? So many questions...
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

In high school I was still fixing bikes and playing with Remote control cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                                *You're

The grammariest of the grammar Nazi's

89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                                I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Working...
                                X