Wheels not aligned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels not aligned

I parked my e30 and some dude parked exactly behind me so I had to drive back and forth like 5 times so I could get out. I drove out and steering felt very loose and easy. I have no powersteering and maybe it was a bit too hard before compared to other cars. I went to highway and steering wheel is off like 70 degrees. It drives straight forward but when I try to reverse it's going left. If I stop after reversing wheels are extremely misaligned. Like right wheel is straight and I can see almost all of the left rim. I got the car in air and wheels are not loose. Only thing I saw that is wrong is veeeery rusty subframe. There is a big hole in it. It's my first time working on a car so I need some help.

First of all if there's a hole in your subframe, that has to be fixed. You can check the tie rods and lower ball joints for looseness. How hard did you shake the wheels to check for tightness? What do your tires look like? What about your steering shaft u-joint joints and guibo?
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
    X